|Visit PRO's website.|
|PRO Chairman Karl Stearns credits the hard work of the council members for the success of the group's NovemberFest at the 2009 SEMA Show.|
PRO NovemberFest Is Huge Success
first-ever PRO Industry Awards reception held at the SEMA Show was an
overwhelming success for the PRO council. Branded "NovemberFest," the
reception played to a packed house, as more than 200 attendees filled
Ballrooms D, E, F and G at the Las Vegas Hilton to standing room only.
The evening included a free commemorative event T-shirt, German-themed
food and bar menus and presentations of PRO’s annual industry awards.
"I am so proud of this council,” said PRO Chairman Karl Stearns. “At our LRP in June, the idea for a reception was introduced. Someone suggested we come up with a brand for the event so that it wouldn’t just be another reception. Someone else suggested NovemberFest, and the Select Committee was off and running. Select Committee members designed the logo, menu, T-shirt and the bookmark invitation concept and solicited sponsorship monies.
"SEMA did the final invitation layout, and
we kept them apprised every step of the way to make sure nothing fell
off the track. At the Show, we all pushed the invitations from our
booths and in the aisles. The process was a textbook volunteer
cooperation. The success of the actual event is icing on the cake.
We’re already looking forward to next year!"
NovemberFest was held on Tuesday, November 3 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the Las Vegas Hilton.
PRO Council Awards
PRO presented the following awards during the 2009 SEMA Show:
- Jim Borre Lifetime Achievement Award: Ellen McKoy
- PRO Restyler of the Year: Joey Johnston, Tops and Trends (award sponsored by Insignia, Simplified Accessory Sales)
- PRO Manufacturer of the Year: Katzkin Leather Interiors Inc. (award sponsored by Grote Industries)
- Nat Danas Person of the Year: B.J. Leanse (award sponsored by Truck and Auto Customizing magazine)
PRO Column in SEMA Member News
Read PRO's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
|Visit ARMO's website.|
ARMO Presents Industry Awards
ARMO presented the following awards during the ARMO Industry Reception at the 2009 SEMA Show.
- Business of the Year: National Parts Depot
- Person of the Year: Jim Menneto, Hemmings Motor News
- Restoration Event of the Year: Fall Hershey by the Antique Automobile of America
For more information on ARMO awards, contact Nathan Ridnouer.
ARMO Column in SEMA Member News
Read ARMO's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
For more information about ARMO, visit the council's website.
|Visit HRIA's website|
HRIA Presents Industry Awards
HRIA presented the following awards during the HRIA Industry Reception at the 2009 SEMA Show.
- Business of the Year: Lokar Inc.
- Industry Recognition Award: Ross Ortman, Dakota Digital Inc.
- HRIA Hall of Fame Awards: Art Morrison and Jerry Kugel
|Visit TORA's website. |
TORA Presents Industry Awards
TORA presented the following council awards during the TORA Industry Reception at the 2009 SEMA Show.
- TORA Best New Product Under $500 (chosen from new products at the SEMA Show): Weathertech, Multifit Cargo and Trunk Liner
- TORA Best New Product Over $500 (chosen from new products at the SEMA Show): Undercover, SE Tonneau
- Ron Webster Award (chosen from new products at the SEMA Show): Bolt, One Key Lock Technology Padlock
- TORA Retailer of the Year: The Truck Outfitters
- TORA Hall of Fame: Van Woodell, Weathers Auto Supply
- TORA Chairman’s Award: Ron DiVincenzo, Cap World
TORA Column in SEMA Member News
Read TORA's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
|Visit MPMC's website.|
Petersen Award Nominations Being Accepted
MPMC is accepting nominations for its annual Robert E. Petersen Award. The award is presented to a member of the media who has exhibited extraordinary support for motorsports and MPMC during the past year.
A nomination form is available for download on the MPMC webpage at www.sema.org/mpmc. Nominations must be received by Friday, December 4, 2009.
MPMC Motorsports Marketing Seminar Big Hit
The MPMC-sponsored seminar, "Motorsports Marketing: How to Measure Your Return,” was a definite winner at the 2009 SEMA Show. A panel of motorsports industry experts was moderated by ESPN/NHRA announcer Alan Reinhart and answered questions on motorsports marketing options.
"MPMC is very pleased with the event," said MPMC Chairman Bill Floyd. "This came together very last minute, with little marketing effort, and we had 68 people in the room. I have to thank the panel members and Alan Reinhart for making this such a success. We’re already planning next year’s event."
The panel members were:
- Bill Holland - Holland Communications
- Karl Fredrickson - Speedway Illustrated
- Brian Wolfe - Motorsports Director Ford Motor Company
- Steve Wolcott - ProMedia/NMRA
- Jessica Forrest - NASCAR Automotive Group
- Bill Floyd - RideTech
The seminar took place on Monday, November 2, from 11 a.m.–12:00 pm., in North Hall Convention Center meeting room N262–N264.
Media Registration Now Open for Media Trade Conference
100 available manufacturer suites have been filled, and MPMC is looking
forward to another successful event. The MPMC Media Trade Conference
will be at the Radisson Suites in Covina, California, on January 19–21,
2010. For more information on the event, go to www.sema.org/mpmc.
MPMC Column in SEMA Member News
Read MPMC's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
For information about MPMC, contact Jim Skelly.
|Visit MRC's website.|
MRC Presents industry Awards
The MRC presented the following council awards during the 2009 SEMA Show.
- MRC Hall of Fame: Bob Cook, Bob Cook Sales
- MRC STAR (Sales Team Annual Recognition) Award: Magnaflow Performance Exhaust
MRC Column in SEMA Member News
Read MRC's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
|Visit SBN's website. |
|Linda Vaughn received the SBN Lifetime Achievement Award during the Speed Networking Breakfast Powered by SBN at the 2009 SEMA Show.|
SBN Presents Industry Awards
The SBN presented the following awards during the 2009 SEMA Show.
- Woman of the Year Award: Laurel Dasher, Superchips Inc.
- Athena Award: Lyn St. James
- Mentor of the Year: Jason Bruce, advanced FLOW engineering
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Linda Vaughn
Discover the SEMA Mentoring Program—Powered by the SBN
“I’ll get by with a little help from my friends…” - Joe Cocker
Everyone needs help or expert advice from time to time, and SEMA’s Mentoring Program is an excellent resource to get answers to all your questions. Whether you need to know more about SEMA, market information for a start-up company or advice on how to approach your boss about a new position, the SEMA Mentoring Program can help.
“Ask A Mentor” is perfect for one-time questions. You can expect multiple SEMA mentors to provide online guidance and answers to your industry-related questions.
Short-term Assistance/Guidance is for help with a specific project or task. A SEMA council/committee mentor with the expertise you seek will be paired up with you to provide guidance with your project.
Long-term Relationship is helpful for developing your professional career. In this program segment you will be paired with a SEMA council/committee mentor who will provide guidance and assistance for ongoing career development or a long-term project.
So whether you just need an answer to a question or you want to cultivate a mentoring friendship, the SEMA Mentoring Program—Powered by the SBN is available to help. After all, we can all use a little help from our friends.
Visit the SEMA Mentoring Program now.
SBN Column in SEMA Member News
Read SBN's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
For information about SBN, visit the committee's website.
|Visit SPC's website.|
SPC Presents Industry Awards
SPC presented the following council awards during the 2009 SEMA Show.
- SPC Person of the Year Award: Michael Ferrara, DSport
- SPC Industry Icon Award: Kipp Kington, KTC Media
- SPC Business of the Year Award: Eibach Springs Inc.
- SPC Presidents Award: Shaun Carlson
|Visit WTC's website.|
WTC Presents Industry Awards
WTC presented the following council awards during the 2009 SEMA Show.
- WTC Lifetime Achievement Award: Dick Horasian
- WTC Hall of Fame 2009 Inductee: Dick Horasian
All past WTC Lifetime Achievement Award winners were inducted into WTC Hall of Fame established in 2009. Past recipients of the WTC Lifetime Achievement Award newly inducted into the WTC Hall of Fame are:
- Greg Weld (2008)
- Louis Senter (2007)
- John “Ed” Hill (2006)
- Frank Duca (2005)
- John Arthurs (2004)
- Joe Suddreth (2003)
- Jim Kavanaugh (2002)
- Art Hale Sr. (2001)
WTC Column in SEMA Member News
|Visit YEN's website. |
YEN Presents Industry Awards
YEN presented the following awards during the 2009 SEMA Show.
- Young Executive of the Year Award: Lee McGuire, Skyjacker Suspensions
- Vanguard Award: Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Company
For more information on YEN awards, contact Nathan Ridnouer.
you know that the SEMA Young Executives Network has more than 500
members networking in the industry and is the largest SEMA committee?
If you are employed by a SEMA-member company and are under the age of
39, then you can join the SEMA Young Executives Network for FREE. If
you are interested in becoming part of the team, please visit our
website at www.sema.org/yen.
YEN Member of the Month Spotlight
Did you know that YEN has a Member of the Month Spotlight on the SEMA website and that anyone can be nominated? To view previous selections or to make a nomination, visit www.sema.org/yen.
YEN Column in SEMA Member News
Read YEN's column featured in the November/December issue of SEMA Member News.
For information about YEN, contact Nathan Ridnouer.