Why Join SEMA?
SEMA offers its 7,000+ member companies a variety of business tools and resources to help their business succeed and prosper. Whether you are a manufacturer, retailer, jobber, distributor, rep or installer, SEMA is here to help you make smarter business decisions; be more strategic and targeted with your promotions; save money through group purchases, and network with key businesses and leaders in the industry. Learn more by visiting the SEMA Member Benefits Page.
To learn more about SEMA and the programs and services available to help your business succeed and prosper, contact Customer Service at 909-610-2030.
Not yet a member? Need to renew?
If you are already a SEMA member company and want to renew your SEMA membership, please visit: www.SEMA.org/renew to view your company's open invoice(s). You will need to use your SEMA member ID number as your Login name and Password. (Please Note: The Login name and Password are case sensitive and the last digit is a capital O). If you need your member ID number, contact SEMA's customer service team at 909-610-2030 or email@example.com.
Business Resources & Solutions
SEMA offers a number of cost-saving benefits that can directly impact your company today.
- SEMA Data Co-Op (SDC) - SEMA understands what a challenge it can be to manage product data, we believe that all Manufacturers should have direct ownership of their product data and that it should be configured and stored in the accepted industry ACES and PIES standards.
- Industry Jobs - Connecting automotive employers and candidates has never been easier.
- SEMA Garage - Is a comfortable "clubhouse" environment where SEMA member-companies have access to various business and product development opportunities. Located at SEMA Headquarters in Diamond Bar (CA).
- UPS Discounts on Package and Freight Shipping – Save up to 50% on shipping costs. UPS offers special discounts and services for SEMA member-companies.
- Business Insurance Solutions - SEIA delivers insurance solutions that not only protect your business but save you money. In short, their knowledge is your power.
- First Data (Credit Card Processing) - Fast, convenient, and secure payment solutions.
Councils & Networks
A SEMA council represents a group of SEMA members that share a common business purpose or market segment.
- Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
- Emerging Trends & Technology Network (ETTN)
- Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
- Motorsports Parts Manufacturer's Council (MPMC)
- Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
- SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
- Truck & Off-Road Alliance (TORA)
- Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
- Young Executive Network (YEN)
Educational & Training Programs
- SEMA Virtual Education
- SEMA Career Center & Job Board - Connecting automotive employers and candidates has never been easier.
- Scholarships & Loan Forgiveness - SEMA maintains a program to pay part of the college tuition costs of today's top students or contribute toward your employees' student loans.
- SEMA Show Student Program
- 2021 SEMA & PRI Call for Speakers
SEMA has a proven legislative and regulatory program led by a professional staff based in Washington, D.C.
- Government Advocacy/Legislative Programs
- Professional lobbying staff (Federal & State)
- Legislative alerts and comprehensive website
- Grass-root Enthusiast Support/SEMA Action Network (SAN)
- Political Action Committee (PAC)
The SEMA International Relations Programs provide comprehensive services to help automotive specialty-equipment companies expand world-wide.
The SEMA Garage, located at SEMA Headquarters in Diamond Bar (CA), is a comfortable "clubhouse" environment where SEMA Members have access to various business and product development opportunities, including:
- OEM-provided CAD/CAM drawings (Technology Transfer) - Eligibility requirements apply, for more information please contact Gary Pis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-978-6732.
- Hands-on access to new vehicles (Measuring Sessions/Installation Center) - Participate in product installations/demonstrations and mechanical teardowns using a full array of on-site tools.
- 3D Printing/Rapid Prototyping - Create finished products that can be sanded, plated or chrome-plated to look just like the finished production unit. Members pay only for the material.
- Training Room - Conduct staff/dealer/distributor/sales rep training sessions or media/consumer product presentations in a 1,800 sq. ft. room complete with chairs, tables and a 70" monitor.
- Emissions Lab & Vehicle Dyno - Get professional consultation and assistance with CARB/EO certification. Call 909-978-6673 for information on special member rates.
- ADAS Forums (Detroit, Diamond Bar, Dallas)
- California ARB Relations and Emissions Compliance Handbook
World-Class Trade Shows
- SEMA Show - The SEMA Show takes place November 2 - November 5, 2021 at the Las Vegas Convention Center located at 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109. The SEMA Show is the premier trade show geared to help small businesses thrive and succeed. The trade-only event enables automotive specialty equipment manufacturers to display alongside automotive manufacturers to debut new, innovative products, and connect with industry buyers from all over the world.
- PAACE Automechanika
SEMA Membership FAQs
Who can be a SEMA Member?
SEMA Membership is open to all automotive aftermarket companies who want to get more involved in their industry and grow their businesses. To learn more about the cost-saving benefits please visit the SEMA Membership Benefits page.
Currently, SEMA does not offer individual-based memberships. However, if you are an individual that would like to get more involved please visit www.SEMA.org/SAN or contact Colby Martin at 909-978-6721.
I want to attend the SEMA Show, do I need to become a SEMA Member?
No, you do not need to be a SEMA Member to attend the SEMA Show. Please note, SEMA Members do not gain automatic or free access to the SEMA Show nor is the show open to the general public. The SEMA Show is a trade-only event and only qualified and approved individuals employed within the automotive aftermarket industry are permitted to enter the convention center. However, SEMA Members do have certain privileges and benefits while attending the SEMA Show. For questions regarding attending the show, please email@example.com or call 909-396-0289.
How much is SEMA Membership?
SEMA membership dues are based on a company's annual sales and business category, membership dues range from $100 to $2000 per year. If you have further questions regarding membership dues, please contact SEMA Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-610-2030.
What membership category does my company fall into?
We understand many companies fall into a variety of categories. However, we want to make sure you are getting the maximum exposure possible by registering your company in the correct category. We recommend you choose the category from which 51% of your sales or services are generated. Please note if you manufacture a product, but manufacturing doesn't represent 51% of your business, please still join as a manufacturer as there are special resources specifically for manufacturers. If you have any questions, please contact SEMA Customer Service at email@example.com or 909-610-2030.
How can I request an invoice/ receipt?
To request a copy of an invoice/payment receipt contact SEMA Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-610-2030.
How does my company join SEMA?
Please fill out the SEMA Membership online application and start using your SEMA benefits today!