Why HRIA? HRIA's strength and success depend on industry support. Through cooperative action, HRIA-member companies can ensure the prosperity and longevity of the hot rod industry. HRIA's primary objectives are to ensure the future prosperity of the hot rod industry and to advance and promote awareness of the hobby.
Connect with us
2022 HRIA Awards
Presented by the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
Entries Now Being Accepted via Social Media
HRIA is accepting entries for two new awards: Design and Innovation Award and Evolution of Hot-Rodding Award. Both will be presented at the 2022 SEMA Show HRIA Reception. Entries are open to all builders (HRIA members and non-HRIA members) who will have a vehicle showcased at the 2022 SEMA Show. To be eligible vehicles cannot have been shown at previous SEMA shows.
Design & Innovation Award: Presented to a builder or shop in recognition of a vehicle that exemplifies the meaning of an exceptional hot rod. The build will be judged on details in the design, craftsmanship, and engineering that represent the passion and skill of the builder and the creativity of their innovative mind.
Evolution of Hot-Rodding Award: Presented to a builder or shop in recognition of a vehicle that pushes the boundaries of tradition and embodies the evolving trends in the hot rod industry. The build will be judged on exceptional quality, creative design, innovative technology, and features that advance and expand the definition of a hot rod.
It's easy to enter:
- Post a photo of your completed build on Instagram no later than October 30. The caption must include the hashtag #SEMAHRIA2022, year/make/model of the vehicle, builder name, shop name, and booth number or relative location (i.e., silver lot) of the vehicle at the SEMA Show. Links to their social page can be found below:
- Judges (consisting of a committee of hot rod industry leaders) will view the entries on the SEMA Show floor. All entries will be considered for both awards at the discretion of the judges.
- Winners will be announced and celebrated at the HRIA Reception, November 2 at 5:15 p.m. in the Westgate Ballrooms A-C.
Questions can be directed to HRIA Director Marcy Yanus at Marcy@sema.org.
HRIA AT THE 2022 SEMA SHOW
Check out the following events the Hot Rod Industry Alliance will be hosting. Register Today!
- Tuesday, November 1st
- 5:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Westgate Pavilions 9-11
This event will bring together colleagues, leaders and enthusiasts to celebrate their passion for the hot rod customization hobby. An awards ceremony will take place to honor top individuals and companies.
HRIA Education Days
A popular component of the NSRA Nationals, Education Days provide event attendees with a chance to participate in high-powered education sessions featuring top manufacturers in the hot-rod and auto-restoration segments. Twelve manufacturers will give hour-long presentations on their product lines and share tips and tricks for hot rod projects. Attendees will learn valuable information as it relates to their businesses and connect directly with the manufacturers.
The event has concluded for 2022.
If you would like to host an education session for next year, please contact Marcy Yanus at email@example.com.
To advise SEMA and our Membership of the challenges facing our market segment, perpetuating the advancement of the Hot Rod Industry.
What is HRIA?
HRIA, the Hot Rod Industry Alliance is a section of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). HRIA is dedicated to addressing the challenges facing this segment of the automotive aftermarket and to preserving and promoting the hot rod industry.
Who Makes Up HRIA?
All entities serving the hot rod market, be they manufacturers, builders/fabricators, dealers, car clubs or enthusiast publications, should be HRIA members. In fact, it is critical that as many companies as possible become involved. Once in HRIA, members work through subcommittees to focus on the group's educational, legislative and communications needs, as well as on membership and promotional activities.
What Are HRIA's Goals?
HRIA's primary objectives are to ensure the future prosperity of the hot rod industry and to advance and promote awareness of the hobby. Within this context, HRIA focuses on industry-specific issues, developing effective strategies and programs that will assist members in improving their business practices and procedures. HRIA also works with HRIA's legislative staff to address those legislative and/or regulatory matters which may affect the hot rod industry, and provides a forum- through participation in Hot Rod Alley, a special SEMA Show section-through which member companies can take advantage of new business and marketing opportunities.
Why Get Involved?
HRIA's strength and success depend on industry support. Through cooperative action, HRIA-member companies can ensure the prosperity and longevity of the hot rod industry.
How Do You Get Involved?
HRIA invites all members of the hot rod industry to unite in meeting its critical goals. To become active in HRIA, your company must first be a SEMA member. Join SEMA now. If you are already a SEMA Member, contact Marcy Yanus to get started.
How Much Does It Cost To Join?
HRIA annual dues are $50 for car clubs, $100 for all other SEMA members.
Council & Network Member Spotlight Library
Open to all council and network members, the spotlight program provides the opportunity for individuals in the industry to share their career successes and stories or nominate a colleague / company to share how they are contributing to the specialty-equipment market. If you are, or know a person who deserves to be recognized, you are invited and encouraged to submit an application by selecting the link within each group's section.
HRIA Select Committee
Danny Agosta, Chair
Steele Rubber Products
Tim McCarthy, Chair-elect
Hushmat & ZyCoat
Jeff Major, IPC
Bed Wood and Parts, LLC
Lions Automobilia Foundation & Museum
Cool Hand Customs
Johnson's Hot Rod Shop
Wilwood Disc Brakes
V8 Speed and Retro Shop
HRIA Member Logo Download
Guidelines for Proper Usage of the SEMA Logo(s)
- SEMA encourages HRIA members to post the HRIA Member logo on their company website and use it on company-related materials such as letterhead, catalogs, business cards and advertisements.
- A HRIA member may not use the HRIA Logo to market a particular product, or affix the logo to a product or to product packaging.
- The HRIA Member logo may never be used by a HRIA member as a "stand-alone"; the logo must clearly say "Member" exactly as it is placed shown to the left.
- The HRIA Member logo may not, under any circumstances, be distorted in its display; the logo must be vertically positioned as originally intended (not tweaked, turned upside down, etc.).
- The HRIA Member logo may not be printed in any other color(s) than the original red, black and white scheme. If red is unattainable, then all black is permissible.
If you require a hi-res version of the logo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.