By Ashley Reyes
Nearly every vehicle at the SEMA Show is designed to be a one-of-a-kind creation. The PRO Cup Challenge defies that sentiment. The program, organized by the Professional Restylers Organization (PRO), encourages customization of new-model cars and trucks for mainstream consumers by showcasing restyling packages that are easy to replicate.
Through the competition, seven restylers compete by creating a package for a popular new-model vehicle that would take less than 40 hours to execute and cost no more than $12,500. Packages are judged based on their mass appeal, ease to replicate and potential profitability for both the restyler and the dealer.
Among the vehicles in the competition are two Ford vehicles.
’20 Ford F150 XLT, customized by Auto Image, will feature:
- 3-in. Rough Country Lift
- 20-in. Fuel Wheels and 33-in. Fuel Gripper MT Tires
- Katzkin Custom Leather W Loho
- Putco LED Emblems Front and Rear
- Bak Flip Hard Tonno Cover
- Rockford Sound System, 2–8-in. subs, 750W amp
- Wavetech Line Driver
- Custom Graphics Package
’21 Ford Bronco, customized by Automotive Concepts, will feature:
- RC 2-in. Suspension Lift
- 18-in. Black Rhino Wheels with Toyo Tires
- Roof-Top Rack with Kayak Carrier and Paddles
- Spare Tire Cover/Embroidered
- Baja LED Foglight Kit
- Katzkin Leather Interior with Embroidery
- Go Rhino Black Vertex Running Boards
- Go Rhino HS20 Bumper Step
- AC Exterior Body Graphics Package
- Llumar Paint Protection Film
- Llumar Front Side Window Tint
- BuiltRight Cargo Storage System
Other vehicles competing in the PRO Cup Challenge include: DPS Automotive, ’22 Volkswagon Atlas; On the Rocks 4x4, ’21 Chevrolet Silverado; Integrity Customs, ’20 Jeep Gladiator; City Kia / Vaccar Co., ’21 Kia Sorento; and Crush Customs, ’21 Kia Telluride.
All seven competitors will be graded on marketability of the build, ease of reproduction, creativity and profitability by a panel of judges, while Show attendees will have opportunity to vote for their “Fan Favorite” at the PRO booth #51085 until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3. The winner of the Fan Favorite and PRO Cup Challenge will be announced in the booth during the PRO Booth Happy Hour on Wednesday afternoon from 4:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
Stay tuned to SEMA eNews in October as we highlight each of the PRO Cup Challenge competing vehicles.