By Becca Butler
Della Domingo, SEMA director of public relations, explains “How to Host a Successful SEMA Show Press Conference” at the 2012 SEMA Show Exhibitor Summit in Las Vegas.
Applications to be included on the official SEMA Show Press Conference Schedule are now available. Hosting a press conference can be an effective way to reach a large number of media; however, they do require a great deal of time and effort, and are not suited for every type of news announcement.
Here are a few tips for exhibitors who are interested in hosting a 2016 SEMA Show press conference:
- The application deadline is Friday, July 29. Upon submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation email.
- All applications will be reviewed and the final schedule will be announced in September. Note that submitting an application does not guarantee inclusion on the official schedule.
- The success of your press conference is based on a variety of different factors, one of the most important being the amount of outreach to the media done prior to the Show.
- Exhibitors can learn “How to Host a Successful Press Conference” by watching the above video.
- Press conferences are just one of the many ways exhibitors can attract media and generate coverage at the SEMA Show. Other ways include entering the New Products Showcase, posting a release to the Online Media Center and participating in social media using the hashtag #SEMA2016, all at little to no cost!
- View the full list of all the PR opportunities available to SEMA Show exhibitors for more ideas.
Press conference applications will be accepted until Friday, July 29. Applications are available on the SEMA Show Website. If you have questions, contact Becca Butler at email@example.com, 909-978-6669.