Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
For the latest council news, read the ARMO column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
ARMO presented six council awards during the ARMO Industry Awards Reception at the 2007 SEMA Show. The awards and winners are:
- ARMO Business of the Year - Dynacorn Classic Bodies Inc.
- ARMO Person of the Year Steve Ames - Ames Automotive Enterprises
- ARMO Restoration Event of the Year - Cruisin' the Coast
- ARMO Best New Product - Original Restoration, ’69-’71 GTO Judge Emblem - Ames Automotive Enterprises
- ARMO Best New Product - Resto-Mod, Eastwood Mopar Light Argent Textured Coating, The Eastwood Company
- ARMO Chairman's Award - Jason Tolleson - SEMA Washington, D.C., Office
Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
HRIA Seminar Workshop Lineup for the Hotrod & Restoration Trade Show
Located in the Indiana Convention Center on Thursday, February 28, 2008, all SEMA members are encouraged to participate in the workshops at the Hotrod & Restoration Trade Show that focus on product use, tips and techniques. Click here to access additional information and a registration form, or contact Jan Desma (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 909/396-0289, ext. 134.
For the latest council news, read the HRIA column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
HRIA presented three awards and inducted two members into the HRIA Hall of Fame during the council’s Industry Awards Reception at the 2007 SEMA Show. The awards, winners and Hall of Fame inductees are:
- HRIA Industry Recognition of an Individual - Gary Meadors - Goodguys Rod & Custom Association
- HRIA Business of the Year - Art Morrison Enterprises
- HRIA Hall of Fame Inductees: Gary Heidt, Heidt's Hot Rod Shop; Joe Mayall, NSRA/Street Scene
- HRIA Chairman's Award - Dennis Silva - Hot Hues Custom Finishes by DuPont
Manufacturers' Rep Council (MRC)
For the latest council news, read the MRC column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
MRC presented its annual STAR (Sales Team Annual Recognition) Award and inducted one member into the MRC Hall of Fame during the council’s open meeting at the 2007 SEMA Show. The sales team and new MRC hall of fame member are:
- MRC STAR Award - AIRAID Filter Company Team members include: Chris Thomson, John Levitz, Brian Paravicini, Bill Goosic, Ryan Young, Tom Hinchey and Shannon Bates
- MRC Hall of Fame - Jim Wrobleski, Jim Wrobleski & Company
- MRC - Chairman's Award - "Mr. Phone - The Early Years" - Founder: Herb Goldstein; Directors: Frank Roberts, Jim Vaughn and John Scafidi; Regionals: Bob Barker, Bob Popkin, Sid Polan, Steve Ginsberg and Skeeter Jordan
Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council (MPMC)
For the latest council news, read the MPMC column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
Truck and Off-Road Alliance (TORA)
For the latest council news, read the TORA column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
TORA recognized the winners of its annual council awards during the council’s reception at the 2007 SEMA Show. The awards were originally presented earlier this year during the 2007 SEMA Spring Expo. The winners recognized were:
- 2007 Best New Product Under $500, F-150 LED Taillights, Hella Lighting
- 2007 Best New Product Over $500, Bed Buddy Tonneau Cover, Undercover
- 2007 Retailer of the Year Award, Truckin Thunder, Tom and Judy Brooks
- 2007 TORA Hall of Fame Award, Annie Meintz, Santa Rosa Campway Inc.; Dillard Fletcher, Cover Master
- 2007 TORA Chairman’s Award, Eric Kwasnicka, DuPont
- 2007 Best POP Display Award, ATC Truck Covers, mini-freestanding ATC Bed System
- 2007 Ford Styling Awards, Best Use of Exterior Accessories on a Ford Truck/SUV (presented by Ford), Kelderman Air Suspension, 2005 Ford F-250
- 2007 Ford Styling Awards, Best use of Interior Accessories on a Ford Truck/SUV (presented by Ford), Leer, 2007 Ford Sport Trac
Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
For the latest council news, read the PRO column in SEMA Member News by clicking here.
Sport-Compact Council (SCC)
SCC presented four awards—Business of the Year, Person of the Year, Industry Image Award and Industry Icon Award—during the council’s Industry Awards Reception at the 2007 SEMA Show. The winners are:
- Business of the Year - ProMotion Distributing
- Person of the Year - Tracie Nuñez - Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT)
- Industry Image - NHRA
- Industry Icon - Richard Schroeder - Eagle Vista Productions
Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
WTC presented its Lifetime Achievement Award and Person of the Year Award during the council’s annual Industry Awards Reception at the 2007 SEMA Show. The winners are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Louis Senter - Senter Engineering
- Person of the Year - Joe Findeis - Wheel Consultants
SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
SBN presented its annual Athena Award and Woman of the Year Award during the committee’s Speed Networking Breakfast held at the 2007 SEMA Show. The winners are:
- Woman of the Year - Amy Faulk, Hypertech Inc.
- Athena Award - Luanne Brown, e-Tool Developers
Young Executives Network (YEN)
YEN presented its Vanguard Award and named the Young Executive of the Year Award during the YEN Mixer held at the 2007 SEMA Show. The winners are:
- Vanguard - Rick Rollins - Superchips Inc.
- Young Executive of the Year - Jason Bruce - Advance Flow Engineering