Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
During SEMA Show week, all HRIA members are invited to celebrate and honor exceptional industry individuals during the HRIA Industry Awards Reception, Wednesday, October 31, 5:30 p.m., in the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel, Ballrooms A & B.
- Largest SEMA council networking event!
- Celebrate with the newest members entering the HRIA Hall of Fame
- Find out what company will be receiving the Business of the Year Award
- What individual will be recognized and awarded the Industry Recognition Award? Be there to find out.
- Recognition of the Best New Product of the Year award recipient (judged from the New Products display at the Show)
- HRIA has announced its educational lineup for the council's Education Day program, February 28, 2008, at the Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis. Working with SEMA’s Education Department, the HRIA was able to secure the services and talents of two notable keynote speakers: Bob Negen of WhizBang! Training and Dan Martens of MISIX Inc.—both SEMA Show favorites. A survey of council members identified a strong desire and interest in learning more up-to-date techniques to market their business, products or services. Understanding about marketing a brand was another hot topic of interest.
Education Day consists of two keynote speaker seminars and 35 technical seminars.
Maximum Bang for Your Marketing Bucks—How to Bring a Flood of New Customers for Little or No Money
7:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m.—White River Ballroom
Keynote speaker: Bob Negen, WhizBang! Training
Understanding Your Brand and How it Can Work for You
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. — White River Ballroom
Keynote speaker: Dan Martens, MISIX Inc.
NEW FOR 2008: Everybody needs nourishment, and what better way to kill two birds with one stone than to have lunch and listen to a great speaker at the same time!
Technical seminars, better known as manufacturer workshops, will begin at 8:45 a.m. with five seminars running concurrently. A total of 35 workshops throughout the day makes this one of the most desirable educational days available for members. Exhibitors of the Hotrod & Restoration trade show are invited to promote and demonstrate the technical applications of their products by conducting these manufacturer workshops/technical seminars. Approved and final technical seminars will be publicized in SEMA-related materials and in Hotrod & Restoration-related materials. All topics must be technical in nature. Marketing sessions will not be permitted.
Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
All ARMO-member companies, branch offices and individuals are invited to attend the events the council has scheduled for SEMA Show week.
ARMO Functions at the SEMA Show
ARMO Industry Awards Reception, with emcee Dennis Gage, host of "My Classic Car"
Date: Tuesday, October 30
Time: 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Location: Ballroom C, Las Vegas Hilton Hotel
ARMO Open General Membership Meeting
Date: Wednesday, October 31
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Location: CR 1–3, Las Vegas Hilton Hotel
Light-Truck Accessory Alliance (TORA)
- The DVD “Why Paint Colors Vary?” This valuable resource is now available. TORA members now have a valuable new tool that will help educate consumers about the challenges of the paint-color-matching process. Available for dealers and installers to play in their waiting areas, the video is presented in a professional format and brings a consistent message on why paint colors vary. The TORA “Why Paint Colors Vary?” DVD is available to TORA council members free of charge (or $49.95 for non-TORA members). Other tools available from TORA are the CHMSL and altered-height CDs. For details or to place an order, contact Staci Bostock at 909/396-0289, ext. 104, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manufacturers' Representatives Council (MRC)
Here is a breakdown of MRC's activities for the rest of the year:
SEMA Show 2007
General Membership Meeting & Awards Ceremony—Presentation of the Hall of Fame and STAR Awards
Date: Sunday October 28
Location: Las Vegas Hilton Hotel, Pavilion 6
Time: 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
Rep Center for MRC Reps Only
Date: Sunday, October 28–Friday, November 5
Location: Center Hall, Room C104 (Front of building)
Rep Center Hours
Sunday: Noon–4 p.m.
Monday: Thursday–8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
To reserve a meeting room, contact Nancy Lund to confirm availability at email@example.com or 909/396-0289. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Click here to download sponsorship form.
Breakfast with the Interns
Date: Thursday, November 1, 2007
Location: Room S233, South Hall
Time: 7:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m.
Long Range Planning Open Meeting – PRI Show
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida – Hotel and Room TBD
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To learn more about the MRC, visit www.sema.org/mrc or contact Jan Desma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council (MPMC)
The 11th annual MPMC Media Trade Conference is set for Tuesday, January 22–Thursday, January 24, 2008, at the Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South in Los Angeles. For more information on the MPMC Media Trade Conference, contact Jim Skelly at email@example.com.
To learn more about the MPMC, visit www.sema.org/mpmc.
Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
Sport-Compact Council (SCC)
Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
SEMA Show Open Meeting
Monday, October 29, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Las Vegas Convention Center, Room S219 (on the Skybridge)
Guest Speaker: Daniel Smith, Associate Administrator for Enforcement, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
As the chief enforcement officer for the National Highway Traffic & Safety Administration (NHTSA), Mr. Smith will lead a discussion on regulatory restrictions of critical importance to companies that source products from other countries: importers. Participants will be provided with authoritative guidance on how importers share all of the same obligations and responsibilities as manufacturers, including the application of measures that self-certify products covered by NHTSA safety standards. It is incumbent on all wheel and tire manufacturers, importers, distributors, retailers and shop owners to attend what is being praised by industry experts as a very timely seminar. Mr. Smith will discuss the NHTSA’s enforcement activity as the regulations apply to wheels and tires, such as compliance with FMVSS No. 139 (passenger and light-truck tires) and FMVSS No. 138 (tire-pressure monitoring systems), emphasizing its importance to all companies doing business in the tire and wheel industry.
To RSVP or if you have any questions about the WTC Open Meeting, contact Arlene Wood at 909/396-0289, ext. 110, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like to get some exposure for your company in front of the wheel and tire industries’ top companies and also have a good time? Become a sponsor of the WTC Reception during the 2007 SEMA Show. The reception is scheduled for Wednesday, October 31, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m., at the Las Vegas Hilton, Pavilion 1. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all WTC members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the WTC Reception, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112, or email@example.com.
SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
- Like to get some exposure for your company in front of the industries’ top companies and also meet new people? Become a sponsor of the SEMA Networking Breakfast, Powered by SBN during the 2007 SEMA Show. The breakfast is scheduled for Thursday, November 1, 2007, 7:15 a.m.–9:00 a.m., Las Vegas Hilton, Ballroom A. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all SBN members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the SBN Networking Breakfast, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get expert advice on a business-related problem. The SEMA Mentoring Program, Powered by the SBN, is available to all employees of SEMA-member companies. Ask a one-time question or be matched with an established leader. Visit www.sema.org/mentoring for details.
- SBN has sponsorship opportunities available for its annual breakfast held in conjunction with the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. For information, visit www.sema.org/images/pdf/2007SBNBreakfastSponsorshipAgreement.pdf.
To learn more about the SBN, visit www.sema.org/sbn.
Young Executives Network (YEN)
- The annual SEMA Show Silent Auction, hosted by YEN, raised more than $70,000 for the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund in 2006. The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to students pursuing careers in automotive-related fields. SEMA members and Show exhibitors interested in donating an item or becoming involved in the 2007 Silent Auction are encouraged to visit the SEMA Silent Auction website at www.sema.org/silentauction or the YEN SEMA Silent Auction website at www.semasilentauction.com.
- Would you like to gain more exposure for your company among our industry’s rising young executives? Would you like to enjoy a fun evening getting to know these future industry leaders? Become a sponsor of the Young Executives Network Reception! The reception is scheduled for Tuesday, October 30, 5:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m., at the Las Vegas Hilton, Ballrooms E—G. The reception will have a '50s theme. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all YEN members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the YEN Reception, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112, or email@example.com.
- Did you know that the YEN has a Member of the Month Spotlight on the SEMA website and that anyone can be nominated? To view previous selections or to make a nomination, visit our website at www.sema.org/yen.