The latest news from SEMA councils and committees:
Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
To better serve the membership of the council, the leadership of ARMO is determined to involve more members in their planning sessions and allow more time to research viable projects before submitting budgetary items for fiscal year 2008. Members are asked to make plans to head east in October to attend this yearly open meeting. The council leadership recognizes one of the many strengths ARMO has lies in networking with other industry professionals. A networking opportunity prior to the Long Range Planning Meeting is in place. Members are invited to attend the ARMO Mixer on Sunday, October 7, at the close of Fall Carlisle. Situated on fairgrounds property, a nostalgic car dealership will provide the back drop for this event and will also host the Long Range Planning meeting.
Date: Monday, October 8, 2007
Location: Carlisle Fairgrounds – Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Schedule: 7:30 a.m. (continental breakfast available)
8:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.–Open Session
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. Lunch
All ARMO-member companies, branch offices and individuals are welcome to attend and are encouraged to participate. For more information or to reserve your space, contact Jan Desma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909/396-0289, ext. 134. For travel assistance, contact Manya Petropaki, Travel Store USA, 888/219-1915 x19268 or 949/930-9268, manya.p@travelstoreUSA.com.
A message from ARMO Vehicles Sub-committee Chairman, Marshall Giorgi:
As the SEMA Show quickly approaches, ARMO is proud to introduce a new opportunity exclusively for its members. Once again, the council will have a booth in the Restoration Marketplace. Due to limited booth space, we only have room for one display vehicle. This year, the ARMO booth display vehicle will be selected from an ARMO-member company.
The selected vehicle will be displayed with signage in the ARMO booth and may be used for pre- and/or post-Show press coverage. The owner is not permitted to display brochures or other marketing/advertising material within the ARMO booth space. The vehicle owner/presenter of the selected vehicle must provide proof of insurance and accepts full responsibility for transportation of the vehicle to and from Las Vegas for the SEMA Show. The owner agrees to comply with all Show-/vehicle-setup requirements, as well as move-in and move-out schedules. The vehicle owner will also be responsible for regular cleaning/detailing of the vehicle so that it is presentable every day of the Show.
In order for your company’s vehicle to be considered, submit at least four photographs (two exterior, one interior, one engine compartment) and a written history of the vehicle and/or its restoration.
All entries must be received no later than Friday, September 14. Entries received will be reviewed, and the winner will be selected by the ARMO Projects Committee. The winner will be notified by Friday, September 28. Information should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or via post to: ARMO Display Vehicle, Attn. Marshall Giorgi, Rare Parts Inc., 621 Wilshire Ave., Stockton, CA 95203. Questions? Contact Giorgi at 800/621-2005.
Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
- HRIA has announced its educational lineup for the council's Education Day program, February 28, 2008, at the Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis. Working with SEMA’s Education Department, the HRIA was able to secure the services and talents of two notable keynote speakers: Bob Negen of WhizBang! Training, and Dan Martens of MISIX Inc.—both SEMA Show favorites. A survey of council members identified a strong desire and interest in learning more up-to-date techniques to market their business, products or services. Understanding about marketing a brand was another hot topic of interest.
Education Day consists of two keynote speaker seminars and 35 technical seminars.
Maximum Bang for Your Marketing Bucks—How to Bring a Flood of New Customers for Little or No Money
7:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m.—White River Ballroom
Keynote speaker: Bob Negen, WhizBang! Training
Understanding Your Brand and How it Can Work for You
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. — White River Ballroom
Keynote speaker: Dan Martens, MISIX Inc.
NEW FOR 2008: Everybody needs nourishment, and what better way to kill two birds with one stone than to have lunch and listen to a great speaker at the same time!
Technical seminars, better known as manufacturer workshops, will begin at 8:45 a.m. with five seminars running concurrently. A total of 35 workshops throughout the day makes this one of the most desirable educational days available for members. Exhibitors of the Hotrod & Restoration trade show are invited to promote and demonstrate the technical applications of their products by conducting these manufacturer workshops/technical seminars. Approved and final technical seminars will be publicized in SEMA-related materials and in Hotrod and Restoration-related materials. All topics must be technical in nature. Marketing sessions will not be permitted.
To download an application form, visit: www.sema.org/hria. For more information on SEMA educational opportunities visit www.sema.org/education.
Light-Truck Accessory Alliance (TORA)
- The DVD “Why Paint Colors Vary?” This valuable resource is now available. TORA members now have a valuable new tool that will help educate consumers about the challenges of the paint-color-matching process. Available for dealers and installers to play in their waiting areas, the video is presented in a professional format and brings a consistent message on why paint colors vary. The TORA “Why Paint Colors Vary?” DVD is available to TORA council members free of charge (or $49.95 for non-TORA members). Other tools available from TORA are the CHMSL and altered-height CDs. For details or to place an order, contact Staci Bostock at 909/396-0289, ext. 104, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council (MPMC)
- The 11th annual MPMC Media Trade Conference is set for Tuesday, January 22–Thursday, January 24, 2008, at the Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South in Los Angeles. For more information on the MPMC Media Trade Conference, contact Jim Skelly at email@example.com.
To learn more about the MPMC, visit www.sema.org/mpmc.
Manufacturers' Representatives Council (MRC)
SEMA and the MRC cordially invite you to participate in the SEMA/MRC Interactive Town Hall Dinner, a new component of the SEMA MRC Rep Conference that is designed specifically for manufacturers, WDs and reps. The MRC Rep Conference Town Hall Interactive Dinner takes place immediately following the close of the PWA Conference on Wednesday, September 26, beginning at 5:30 p.m. with the famed MRC sponsored cocktail hour. Dinner service will begin at 6:20 p.m., and the Town Hall discussion will begin at 7:00 p.m., lasting until 9:00 p.m.
The Town Hall is a unique interactive discussion that will explore the expectations the manufacturer, warehouse distributor and manufacturers' rep all have in an agency or rep servicing a satellite warehouse location.
- Join leading manufacturers and WDs in uncovering the best way to address sales training for WDs.
- Discover new ways to introduce new products, ultimately leading to more sales.
- Go home with practical solutions to your biggest challenges.
Reserving your seat is easy, click here to download a copy of the registration form. To learn more about the MRC Rep Conference, visit www.sema.org/mrc or contact Jan Desma at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 909/396-0289, ext. 134.
Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
Sport-Compact Council (SCC)
- You are invited to find out where the youth market is headed by attending SCC's Youth Focus Panel during the NOPI Nationals, Saturday, September 15, 4:30 p.m.—6:00 p.m., at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, Infield Media Center. The event features dozens of young consumers speaking candidly about their hobby. This is where you'll discover what they really think and want from the automotive specialty-equipment market.
To RSVP or if you have any questions about the Focus Group, Contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112, or email@example.com.
- Richard Schroeder: A special online forum has been created in honor of the late Richard Schroeder, who passed away August 13 after a brief bout with cancer. The forum is located at http://schrodo.com; click on forums. Schroeder was a charter member of the Import Performance Committee, which is now known at the Sport-Compact Council. To learn more about Schroeder’s life and passion for motorsports, visit his website at http://www.schrodo.com.
Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
- Like to get some exposure for your company in front of the wheel and tire industries’ top companies and also have a good time? Become a sponsor of the WTC Reception during the 2007 SEMA Show. The reception is scheduled for Wednesday, October 31, 5:00–7:00 p.m., at the Las Vegas Hilton, Pavilion 1. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all WTC members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the WTC Reception, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship Agreements must be received by Friday, September 28.
SEMA Businesswomen's Network (SBN)
- Like to get some exposure for your company in front of the industries’ top companies and also meet new people? Become a sponsor of the SEMA Networking Breakfast, Powered by SBN during the 2007 SEMA Show. The breakfast is scheduled for Thursday, November 1, 2007, 7:15 a.m.–9:00 a.m., Las Vegas Hilton, Ballroom A. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all SBN members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the WTC Reception, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112 or email@example.com. Sponsorship Agreements must be received by Friday, September 28.
- Get expert advice on a business-related problem. The SEMA Mentoring Program, Powered by the SBN, is available to all employees of SEMA-member companies. Ask a one-time question or be matched with an established leader. Visit www.sema.org/mentoring for details.
- SBN has sponsorship opportunities available for its annual breakfast held in conjunction with the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. For information, visit www.sema.org/images/pdf/2007SBNBreakfastSponsorshipAgreement.pdf.
To learn more about the SBN, visit www.sema.org/sbn.
Young Executives Network (YEN)
The annual SEMA Show Silent Auction, hosted by YEN, raised more than $70,000 for the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund in 2006. The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to students pursuing careers in automotive-related fields. SEMA members and Show exhibitors interested in donating an item or becoming involved in the 2007 Silent Auction are encouraged to visit the SEMA Silent Auction website at www.sema.org/silentauction or the YEN SEMA Silent Auction website at www.semasilentauction.com.
- Would you like to gain more exposure for your company among our industry’s rising young executives? Would you like to enjoy a fun evening getting to know these future industry leaders? Become a sponsor of the Young Executives Network Reception! The reception is scheduled for Tuesday, October 30, 5:00–7:30 p.m., at the Las Vegas Hilton, Ballrooms E—G. The reception will have a '50s theme. Sponsorship Agreement forms have been mailed to all YEN members. If you need a Sponsorship Agreement form or have any questions about the YEN Reception, contact Paul Moritz at 909/396-0289, ext. 112, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship Agreements must be received by Friday, September 28, 2007.
- Did you know that the YEN has a Member of the Month Spotlight on the SEMA website and that anyone can be nominated? To view previous selections or to make a nomination, visit our website at www.sema.org/yen.