Why FLN? The Future Leader’s Network (FLN) provides industry young future leaders with an opportunity to network with other SEMA members in various market segments and influential industry leaders. It also gives you a unique chance to listen and learn, as well as provide the industry a youthful voice to be heard. FLN members are industry leaders who are 39 years of age or younger and are actively pursuing a higher level of professionalism in the specialty equipment market. The current membership roster represents some of the top technology, marketing and sales, operations and executive minds in the automotive industry.
Connect with us
SEMA Future Leaders Network (FLN) offers SECOND Professional Development Program
May 11-12, 2023 - SEMA Garage in Detroit
SEMA Future Leaders Network partners with Dale Carnegie to offer a second Professional Development Program.
Due to the success of FLN's inaugural Professional Development Program, they are teaming up again with Dale Carnegie to offer a second training.
This two-day, in-person program focuses on improving individual and business performance and is available exclusively to FLN members at a significant discount. The program will teach participants to:
- Communicate professionally and confidently in business situations
- Engage others by building rapport, asking pertinent questions, and listening
- Build relationships and deal effectively with people in a multitude of scenarios
- Gain cooperation and influence people, including direct reports, laterally and upward
- Use emotional controls to sustain success
Details on the second program are still in progress, but plans are to host at the SEMA Detroit Garage in Plymouth, Michigan, in May 11-12th, 2023.
Please contact Denise Waddingham at email@example.com for more information or to be placed on a contact list once applications open for the program.
The Future Leaders Network (FLN, formerly the Young Executives Network, YEN) mission is to cultivate talent in the automotive aftermarket through implementation of education and networking. FLN does this by utilizing resources available for virtual networking and in-person at industry trade events.
Interested in FLN?
Membership in FLN provides young executives with an opportunity to network with other SEMA members in various market segments and influential industry leaders. It also gives you a unique chance to listen and learn, as well as provide the industry a youthful voice to be heard. By joining the FLN, you'll be taking the first step to becoming one of the future leaders of the automotive specialty-equipment market.
Who Qualifies for Membership?
FLNsters are industry leaders who are 39 years of age or younger. FLNsters are entrepreneurs, leading top businesses and actively pursuing a higher level of professionalism in the specialty equipment market. The current membership roster represents some of the top technology, marketing and sales, operations and executive minds in the automotive industry.
What Benefits Does FLN Offer?
FLN membership provides the ideal opportunity to become actively involved with SEMA and the specialty automotive aftermarket. By participating, FLNsters are given networking opportunities with prominent and accomplished industry leaders. Additionally, the program creates a forum to:
- Tap in to the networking power of nearly 1,500+ of the industry's top young executives.
- Exchange personal experiences with your industry peers.
- Exclusive connection with other FLNsters on MySEMA.
- Share your original content with over 150k via FLN-sponsored SEMA eNews articles.
- Shine a spotlight on you and your company as a FLN Member-of-the-Month.
- Open new business opportunities and career paths via exclusive networking with other FLNsters.
Connect with FLN on Facebook
Did you know FLN also has pages available on Facebook and LinkedIn? Check us out next time you're on your profile and help bring our industry in to the 21st Century! Better yet, go on and friend a FLNster today!
Membership in FLN is open to all SEMA-member company employees under the age of 40 at no cost. If you are not a SEMA Member, join SEMA now. If you are already a SEMA Member, apply for FLN here. Confirmation and a welcome package will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks. Apply for FLN here.
If you should have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact a FLN Select Committee Member - check out the full roster at www.SEMA.org/FLN. You can always contact SEMA staff for more information by emailing Denise Waddingham at DeniseLW@sema.org or calling 909-979-4144.
We look forward to working with you as part of the Young Executives Network!
FLN Membership Task Force Chair
Council & Network Member Spotlight Library
Open to all council and network members, the spotlight program provides the opportunity for individuals in the industry to share their career successes and stories or nominate a colleague / company to share how they are contributing to the specialty-equipment market. If you are, or know a person who deserves to be recognized, you are invited and encouraged to submit an application by selecting the link within each group's section.
The over 80 Million Millenials living in America represent an ever growing market opportunity. Traditional marketing won't work for this socially inclined & tech saavy group. Instead, you have to break through the clutter. To gain valuable insider insight, you need only to look outside your office door to a generation of experts who live and breathe the Automotive Industry.
FLN Select Committee
Nick Caloroso, Chair
Driven Lighting Group
Matt Beenen, Chair-Elect
Kia Aghai, IPC
Kirstin Backes, IPC
Sisson IP Law
Jonathan M. Barber
Bob Cook Sales
Driven Automotive Group
FASS Diesel Fuel Systems
FLN Member Logo Download
Guidelines for Proper Usage of the SEMA Logo(s)
- SEMA encourages FLN members to post the FLN Member logo on any personal professional websites and use it on individualized professional-related materials such as letterhead, catalogs, business cards and advertisements.
- A FLN member may not use the FLN Logo to market a particular product, or affix the logo to a product or to product packaging.
- The FLN Member logo may never be used by a FLN member as a "stand-alone"; the logo must clearly say "Member" exactly as it is placed shown to the left.
- The FLN Member logo may not, under any circumstances, be distorted in its display; the logo must be vertically positioned as originally intended (not tweaked, turned upside down, etc.).
- The FLN Member logo may not be printed in any other color(s) than the original red, black and white scheme. If red is unattainable, then all black is permissible.
If you require a hi-res version of the logo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.