NASCAR Announces Hall of Fame Class of 2023 Induction
(L-R): NASCAR Hall of Famers (front row) Bobby Allison, Leonard Wood, Matt Kenseth, Hershel McGriff, Kirk Shelmerdine, Jerry Cook, Jack Roush (back row) Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mark Martin, Joe Gibbs, Bobby Labonte, Red Farmer, (back row) Ray Evernham, Dale Jarrett and Ron Hornaday Jr. Photo by David Jensen/Getty Images
The NASCAR Hall of Fame—based in Charlotte, North Carolina—has welcomed its class of 2023 with an induction ceremony at the Charlotte Convention Center.
Inductees included 2003 NASCAR Cup Series champion Matt Kenseth; Kirk Shelmerdine, who helped guide Dale Earnhardt Sr. to four Cup titles; and Hershel McGriff, who secured four Cup races in 1954 and returned to NASCAR racing in 2018 at the age of 90.
In addition, NASCAR Vice Chairman Mike Helton was honored with the Landmark Award for Outstanding Contributions to NASCAR, while the late photojournalist T. Taylor Warren was honored with the Squier-Hall Award for NASCAR Media Excellence.
For more information, visit the NASCAR announcement here.
Midwest Pro Stock Association Set With Seven Races in 2023
Motorsports pros Rick Jones, Kevin Lawrence, Dave River and Jeff Wick have announced the rebirth of the Midwest Pro Stock Association (MPSA), a drag-racing series formed by Jim Wick in the late ’80s. The series folded following the passing of Wick in 2002. The series will visit five cities across seven race dates beginning in June.
2023 Midwest Pro Stock Association schedule (subject to change):
- June 10: Central Illinois Dragway/Havana, Illinois/Spring Nostalgia Drags
- June 16–17: Cordova Dragway/ Cordova, Illinois/Summer Nationals
- July 8: Eddyville Raceway Park/Eddyville, Iowa/Night of Fire
- July 29: Cordova Dragway/Cordova, Illinois/Door Wars
- August 19: US 41 Dragstrip/Morocco, Indiana
- August 25–26: Cordova, Illinois/World Series of Drag Racing
- September 23: Bunker Hill Dragstrip/Bunker Hill, Indiana
For more information, visit the series’ Facebook page.
For more racing news, visit Performance Racing Industry’s (PRI) website.