By Ashley Reyes
Some form of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is included in every new vehicle today. It’s impossible to avoid. Aftermarket businesses, including product manufacturers, installers, engineers and restylers will need to know how modifications will affect the system’s original functionally.
How ADAS and automated vehicles sense their environment.
Knowing what guidelines and procedures to take is critical to ensuring proper recalibration and test protocols. SEMA members are invited to join the webinar “Modding Vehicles With ADAS” on Wednesday, June 15, at 11:00 a.m. (PDT), to learn how to avoid the possibility of malfunctioning systems after upgrading a vehicle with aftermarket equipment.
Nick Dominato, senior vice president of product at asTech, will share:
- Challenges and best practices when modifying ADAS-equipped vehicles.
- Types of modifications that require recalibration.
- Calibration procedures for different make vehicles.
- The difference between dynamic vs. static calibrations.
- Resources and tools available.
As ADAS expands its footprint, it is critical for aftermarket companies to stay ahead and be prepared for the future. Learn more and register here.