Milwaukee Tool Starts Construction of New Facility in Grenada, Mississippi
Milwaukee Tool is investing more than $60 million into advanced technology and manufacturing equipment at its new 563,000-sq.-ft. Grenada location.
Milwaukee Tool has announced construction on its newest facility in Mississippi. Located in Grenada County, Milwaukee’s latest expansion will accommodate the company’s growing power-tool accessories and power-tool business, and will also serve as a centralized repair facility. The new location is projected to create more than 800 new jobs, and is planned to open in mid-2023.
Milwaukee is investing more than $60 million into advanced technology and manufacturing equipment at its new 563,000-sq.-ft. Grenada location. The facility will house critical accessory manufacturing capabilities, and will join the company’s other service hub in Greenwood, Indiana, as one of Milwaukee Tool’s main axis points for service operations. In Mississippi, the company has invested more than $209 million in domestic expansion projects over the last five years and employs 4,400 people.
Voyomotive and Shop-Ware Launch Advanced Telematics Partnership
Voyomotive and Shop-Ware have announced a partnership to bring telematics to independent shops and their customers. This first-of-its-kind integration posts remote vehicle data directly into a Shop-Ware account including:
- Service-related PIDS and alerts such as remaining oil life, odometer, tire pressure, battery health and check engine light status.
- Scan tool level diagnostics, including freeze-frame data.
- Third-party predictive analytics.
For more information, visit Voyomotive and Shop-Ware online.
Meyer Distributing Names 2021 Vendors of the Year and Agency of the Year
CSM was named Meyer Distributing’s 2021 Manufacturer Representative Agency of the Year.
Meyer Distributing has named Highway Products, Fleece Performance, Method Race Wheels, Gen-Y Hitch and Fab Fours as 2021 Vendor of the Year in their respective categories; CSM as 2021 Manufacturer Representative Agency of the Year.
AAM Names Outstanding Supplier, Contributors at Annual Meeting
Lippert won the Partnership Award.
The AAM Group presented awards to nine supplier partners at its recent annual membership meeting, held May 10–12 in Frisco, Texas. Highlighted by the Partnership and Group Impact Awards, the categories also included Data Quality, Fastest Growing, Manpower Excellence, Marketing Support, Product Innovation, Profit Generator and Shipping Excellence.
- Lippert accepted the Partnership Award, which honors the supplier that demonstrated outstanding overall performance across all the award categories. AAM brands under the Lippert umbrella include ARIES, CURT, LUVERNE, Ranch Hand and UWS.
- The Group Impact Award went to Westin Automotive for its contributions to the success and growth of AAM headquarters, members and resellers.
- Presented with the Data Quality Award, LUVERNE earned special recognition for the quality and completeness of its product data.
- Retrax took home the Fastest Growing Award for achieving the largest sales growth as measured as a percentage over the previous year.
- Air Lift accepted the Manpower Excellence Award for fielding the most robust outside sales presence, including actively maintaining strong relationships with retailers and warehouses.
- The Marketing Support Award, which honors the supplier that exhibited exceptional marketing concepts and execution, went to DECKED.
- The Elevate rack system won the Product Innovation Award.
- The Profit Generator Award, presented to Big Country/Go Rhino, recognized the supplier partner that generated the greatest opportunity for profit across distribution and retail.
- The Shipping Excellence Award went to ARC Lighting, which demonstrated the best overall purchase order fulfillment rate.
AAM also named six recipients of the Ambassador Award, given to key individuals who provided unique and extraordinary support of member distributors:
- John Gleason (United Sales Associates)
- Brad Goodfellow (WARN)
- Larry Lyon (Bestop)
- Shane McNallie (Lippert)
- Brian Schmidt (Putco)
- Andrew Schroeder (Truck Hero)
Have some company news you would like to share? Let us know and the news may appear in an upcoming issue of SEMA News. Send your items for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.