Compiled by SEMA Editors
Chevrolet has revealed the all-new ’23 Corvette Z06, a 670hp supercar. The Z06 features an all-new 5.5L LT6, the highest horsepower, naturally-aspirated V8 to hit the market in any production car. An all-new flat-plane crankshaft design entices offers 8,600 rpm. Additional highlights of the ’23 Corvette Z06 include:
- Unique front and rear fascias, a first for Z06. The front fascia is designed to optimize the Z06’s cooling needs, including channeling air to a center heat exchanger, which is one of five for maximum cooling performance.
- A standard reconfigurable rear spoiler with adjustable wickerbill elements designed to improve high-speed stability and cornering capability on a race track.
- Standard 20-in. front and 21-in. rear forged aluminum “spider” wheels (with five available finishes)—the largest wheels ever available on a production Corvette.
- Available lightweight and rigid carbon-fiber wheels that deliver a 41-lb. reduction in unsprung mass, which is designed to contribute to more agile and responsive handling.
- Specific suspension tuning, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, and six-piston front brakes.
- Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission with a specific, 5.56 final drive ratio.
- Elevated cockpit surrounding the driver, including more carbon-fiber trim and new options.
- Available Z07 performance package provides 734 lbs. of downforce at 186 mph, more than any Corvette ever. It includes a carbon-fiber high rear wing and ground effects, specific chassis tuning, specific Magnetic Ride Control calibration, and Michelin Cup 2 R ZP tires, along with Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes and optional carbon-fiber wheels
For more information on the car, visit the Chevrolet website here.
YANG Top Golf Event a Success for AACF
The Young AutoCare Network Group (YANG) and its leadership were looking for an event to kick-off the renewal of its series of “Meet-Up” networking events after a lengthy delay due to the pandemic. The Automotive Aftermarket Charitable Foundation (AACF) had an established relationship with Top Golf after having utilized their format to conduct a annual golf outing in 2020 to replace the traditional golf event that was canceled as part of Industry Week events aligned with AAPEX and SEMA.
“In speaking with some of YANG’s leadership and various members, it was clear they were seeking a high-profile event to re-ignite their “Meet-Up” series and get people back together again, safely” explained AACF Executive Committee and Board member Jon Owens of Epicor Software. “We had huge success last year with the folks from Top Golf and knew they could host an awesome event while accommodating the logistical aspects of nationwide availability and all safety precautions.”
Through participation and sponsorships, the event raised more than $15,000 for AACF.
Holley has announced it will host an event for all-electric vehicles to take place November 13–14, 2021, at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, California. Holley’s “High Voltage Experience” will be a playground for EV owners, drivers and enthusiasts alike, offering multiple high-performance driving events and an opportunity for the emerging EV culture to come together. Motorsports events will include autocross, road course, drag racing and a 3S Challenge, which combines performance aspects of all of the above. Driving instruction will be available by well-known professional driver and EV lap record holder Randy Pobst on the full Sonoma Raceway road course. The event will also feature a dedicated car show to provide enthusiasts a look at a wide variety of personalized vehicles and impressive EV conversions. THolley High Voltage will also include daily drifting exhibitions and drag racing passes by the world’s first 200-mph EV dragster. Holley High Voltage will bring together all walks of the EV community and will include attendance by premier influencers, builders, cars and drivers, such as Rich Rebuilds, Bisimoto Engineering, Jehu Garcia and more. For more information visit www.Holleyhighvoltage.com.
Motorsport Park Hastings Hires Jeff Lacina as General Manager
The ownership group of Motorsports Park Hastings has announced Jeff Lacina as general manager of the multi-use facility in Hastings, Nebraska. Lacina will oversee all daily track operations as well as all promotions, marketing, and event management functions, including group, corporate, and private event rentals. Prior to joining Motorsport Park Hastings, Lacina served as an international sales representative for Sydney, Australia-based Speedmaster. He also worked with LTA Manufacturing and Castle Creations in the Olathe, Kansas area; John Deere Financial in Johnston, Iowa; and Accessible Technologies/ProCharger Superchargers/Inovair in Lenexa, Kansas. Lacina has also contributed as a freelance writer for several automotive and motorsports publications and is an avid road course racer. He launched the Track Guys Performance Driving Events in 2002.
Have some company news you would like to share? Let us know and the news may appear in an upcoming issue of SEMA eNews. Send your items for consideration to email@example.com.