By SEMA Editors
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) invites the public to participate in a workgroup on August 13, from 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m. (PDT) to discuss the proposed adoption of a schedule of certification fees for emissions-related aftermarket parts, retrofits and related components. Historically, only about one-third of the products certified by CARB have been assessed a certification fee. On July 1, 2018, new legislation passed by the California legislature and signed by the governor allows CARB to adopt a schedule of fees for additional mobile source categories and activities.
The public workgroup is directed toward the aftermarket parts, retrofit and emissions-related parts industry; for example, those who receive the following Executive Orders (EOs):
- AB-series EOs, At-Berth Regulation Alternative Control Technology Verification/Approvals
- B-series EOs, Alternative Fuel Retrofit Certifications
- C-series EOs, Experimental Permits
- D-series EOs, Aftermarket Parts Exemptions
- DE-series EOs, Verification of Diesel Emissions-Control Strategies (e.g., On/Off Road, SS, Harbor Craft, TRU, RTG)
- G-series EOs, Portable Fuel Containers
- K-series EOs, Aftermarket Critical Emission Control Parts for Highway Motorcycles
- Q-series EOs, Evaporative Components for Small Off-Road Engine Equipment
- RM-series EOs, Evaporative Components for Spark-Ignition Marine Water Craft
Use this link to join the webinar at the specified time and date. Participants can dial in using their phones:
- United States: +1-631-992-3221
- Access Code: 491-704-525
Consistent with California Government Code Section 7296.2, special accommodation or language needs may be provided for any of the following:
- An interpreter to be available at the meeting.
- Documents made available in an alternate format or another language.
- A disability-related reasonable accommodation.
To request these special accommodations or language needs, contact Bonnie Garlow at 626-575-6918 as soon as possible, but no later than seven business days before the workshop. TTY/TDD/Speech to Speech users may dial 711 for the California Relay Service.
For questions regarding the workshop or the development of the Mobile Source Certification and Compliance fee process, contact Kathleen Mead, air pollution specialist, at 916-324-9550.
For more information, visit CARB’s website.