By SEMA Editors
Ford has announced its project-vehicle program for 2019.
Ford Motor Co. has announced its project-vehicle program for 2019.
2019 Ford Project Vehicle Program
Project Summary Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 1, 2019
Award Recipient Notification Date: by May 1, 2019
All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria:
Email a one-page project summary—must be received by February 15, 2019. Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New-product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2019 SEMA Show
Mail a detailed project proposal—must be received by March 1, 2019. Include details supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicle examples.
Information on Ford vehicles is available at www.ford.com.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria
Aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A manufacturer or designer/restyler dedicated to supporting new-product development.
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars.
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan.
- A current SEMA member.
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Use Ford accessory products as specified and provided by Ford Motor Company.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period.
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability, $3 million in automotive liability, $1 million in employer liability and demonstrate worker’s compensation coverage. An umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible.
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner’s discretion.
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
1. Product development
2. Modifications to the vehicle
3. Events (including dates, location and type of event)
4. Media exposure (originals or color copies)
5. Company advertising featuring the vehicle
6. Social-media exposure
7. A copy of your current vehicle registration
Information on the specific vehicles Ford plans to emphasize at the 2019 SEMA Show will follow in January. Details will be provided to allow you to research those products and find high-resolution images for renderings.
Submit Ford Project Vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Dan German and Kyle Ebner