Compiled by SEMA Editors
Lumileds Names Tina Smith National Sales Manager
Lumileds has appointed Tina Smith national sales manager for the traditional U.S. aftermarket. In this role, Smith will manage all aspects of the U.S. aftermarket sales program and oversee its sales team and independent sales representative organizations. She will also be responsible for increasing market share with traditional distributors and achieving revenue growth objectives. Prior to joining Lumileds, Smith worked at NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.) Inc. She started as the product services manager and advanced to become the groups manager for the North American buying groups, where she was responsible for implementing sales and marketing activities within the major automotive aftermarket buying groups. Before NGK, Smith was the lead engineering technician at Gates Corp., where she provided technical leadership and direction within the management and engineering teams. Smith began her automotive career at Yazaki North America and served the company for nine years as an application engineer and benchmark technician.
GET’M Garage Announces Acquisition Of COMP Performance Group’s MaxJet
In conjunction with its first-year anniversary, GET’M Garage has announced the acquisition of the MaxJet, the subsidiary of the Memphis, Tennessee-based COMP Performance Group. The carburetor and tuning products manufacturer will incorporate the traditional MaxJet “hex” jet, the MaxJet Phillips jets and the MaxJet Junior jets into its GET’M Garage brand. MaxJet products will continue to be made in the United States.
RETRAC Logo Undergoes Transformation
RETRAC has unveiled an all-new logo designed by the in-house creative team at CURT Group. The new logo will be seen at upcoming events and in all other print and digital assets in the next several months.
U.S. Manufacturer Searching for Purchaser
A 36-year-old U.S. manufacturing/distribution company is looking to be purchased. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I-CAR Announces Key Enhancements to Its Core Education and Recognition Programming for 2019 Launch
I-CAR has announced a variety of enhancements designed to better serve the needs of the collision repair inter-industry. A summary of the key planned enhancements includes:
- I-CAR Automotive Collision Repair Industry Knowledge and Skills Protocol.
- Updated and industry-backed knowledge and skills protocol that focuses more extensively on specific skills and role performance requirements.
- Enhancements to I-CAR’s recognition programs (Platinum and Gold Class).
- Heightened Platinum and Gold Class requirements aligned with industry benchmarks and repair requirements.
- Optional Aluminum Structural Gold Class recognition for shops that complete I-CAR’s aluminum structural requirements.
- Complete refresh of all core curriculum (263 courses) aligned to the updated Protocol.
- Incorporating more hands-on live training, shorter course times, more online courses with increased interactivity, all leading to less time out of the shop and off the floor for technicians.
- Increased frequency of welding training and certification skill reverification, moving from five years to three years, and no longer requiring course repeat when skills are reverified.
- Automatic recognition for training with other providers that are I-CAR Sustaining Partners through I-CAR’s Training Alliance.
- Industry Training Relative to I-CAR Knowledge and Skills Area published as a companion cross-walk to acknowledge both OEM and Supplier Training Alliance courses approved to Protocol and Alliance qualification criteria.
- New tools for completing, planning and tracking I-CAR training.
- New learning interfaces, mobile technology and reporting functionality to make completing, tracking and planning I-CAR training easier for customers.
- An unlimited training subscription for Gold Class shops to protect shops from turnover, and encourage building bench strength by better training for all technicians.
Lubrication Specialties Inc. Names Carmen Fiordirosa Director of E-Commerce
Lubrication Specialties Inc. (LSI) has named Carmen Fiordirosa director of e-commerce. She joined LSI in July and plans to work remotely from Chicago. In the newly created role, Fiordirosa will collaborate with cross-functional partners to grow e-commerce sales for multiple markets by ensuring a consistent brand message, robust content and online account support. Responsibilities will encompass business development and strategy, website and social media content and development, promotional campaigns, online marketing, website design, customer service, web analytics and technologies. Prior to joining LSI, Fiordiorsa served as the director of marketing for CleanTools Inc. in Westmont, Illinois.
DENSO to Serve as Title Sponsor of Mello Yello Drag Racing Series
For the next three years, DENSO Products and Services Americas Inc. will serve as the title sponsor of the DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals. The weekend event is held at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with the next competition scheduled for April 5–7, 2019.
MAHLE Aftermarket has announced it will continue as a parts sponsor for the eighth consecutive year for the School of Automotive Machinists & Technology for 2018.
MAHLE Aftermarket Renews SAM Tech Sponsorship
MAHLE Aftermarket has announced it will continue as a parts sponsor for the eighth consecutive year for the School of Automotive Machinists & Technology (SAM Tech) for 2018, in support of the next generation of performance engine builders. MAHLE will supply the vocational school with bearings throughout the year, which will be used during engine builds, testing and competition, for both domestic and import applications. In addition, students at SAM Tech will have the opportunity to test MAHLE’s new performance-coated bearings in the school’s race engines and will use MAHLE bearings for all competition. SAM Tech’s race engine team will use Clevite bearings this year in the Amsoil Engine Master’s Challenge, a competition SAM Tech won as recently as 2016. New to the sponsorship this year will be the addition of MAHLE Performance bearings.
Larry Berger Jr.
ACL Distribution Names New Gasket Product Manager
ACL Distribution has named Larry Berger Jr. product manager for the company’s new line of Ajusa-brand gaskets. Berger will be responsible for the gasket line distribution—including selling, marketing and procurement—in the United States and Canada, and will also oversee the sales activities of ACL’s sales rep force. Berger joins ACL from Heartland Sales.
ODYSSEY Batteries Selected as Official Batteries of Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
EnerSys has announced that ODYSSEY batteries have been selected as the official batteries of the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum. The Simeone Museum, located in Philadelphia, has twice been voted “Museum of the Year.”
Have some company news you would like to share? Let us know and the news may appear in an upcoming issue of SEMA eNews. Send your items for consideration to email@example.com.