Compiled by SEMA Editors
Champion Racing Oil to Sponsor NMCA in 2018
Champion Oil has announced that it will be a racing contingency cash-payout sponsor of the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) and the 2018 season. The NMCA series features six four-day events starting in March in Florida and ending with the World Street Finals in Indianapolis. Each NMCA includes all-American car shows, manufacturer midways, vendors and celebrities. Featured classes include Chevrolet Performance LSX categories, the Nostalgia Super Stock Classic, Street Outlaw Finals, Open Comp and the Super Bowl Shootout.
- March 8–11: 16th Annual NMCA Muscle Car Mayhem, Bradenton Motorsports Park, Bradenton, Florida
- April 5–8: 10th Annual NMCA All-Star Nationals, Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, Georgia
- May 17–20: 17th Annual NMCA Blue Grass Nationals, Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- July 26–29: 13th Annual NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing, Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Illinois
- August 23–26: 17th Annual NMCA All American Nationals, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, Ohio
- September 20–23: 17th Annual NMCA World Street Finals, Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis
NHRA Top Fuel World Champion Brittany Force Selected to All-America Team, Wins AARWBA Titus Award
Brittany Force, the first female Top Fuel world champion in 35 years, has been elected to the American Auto Racing Writers & Broadcasters Association (AARWBA) All-America Team and earned the Jerry Titus Memorial Award. Force, who earned votes for her 2017 performance that included four race wins in six final-round appearances and two No. 1 qualifying positions on the way to her first world championship, is joined on the All-America Team by Josef Newgarden (Indy Car), Ricky and Jordan Taylor (IMSA), Donny Schatz (Sprint Car), Martin Truex Jr. (NASCAR), Kyle Kaiser (Indy Lights) and Christopher Bell (NASCAR Truck Series). Force and Truex tied for the most votes to earn them both the Jerry Titus Memorial Award, the AARWBA’s “Driver of the Year” award that remembers the auto racer and journalist.