By Amelia Zwecher
HR professionals can finally find answers to the toughest and most common HR questions by visiting the “Issues & Answers” section of the HR Hub.
In the HR industry, change is quite normal as benefits, employee relations, and employment laws and regulations are often modified. It’s important for business professionals (HR teams, hiring managers or general managers) to stay abreast of HR updates to remain compliant. Busy work schedules can make this a challenge for most professionals, but the SEMA HR Hub offers a resolution. Setting up alerts on the HR Hub based on your preferred parameters makes it easier to stay up-to-date on state laws in your local area. HR professionals can finally find answers to the toughest and most common questions by visiting the “Issues & Answers” section of the HR Hub.
According to the SEMA HR Hub, here are the top six hot topics for the week:
- Can employers in the same industry collaborate on pay scales in order to control wage inflation?
- When may an employer ask if epilepsy or another medical condition is causing an employee’s performance problems?
- Do employers need a separate ADA notice if their wellness program collects employee health information?
- Must employees on FMLA leave be paid for holiday?
- May an employee take FMLA leave to care for an ailing grandfather?
- How is the COBRA rate for self-insured health plans calculated?
For more information, contact SEMA manager of career services Amelia F. Zwecher, PhD, PHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.