Compiled by SEMA Editors
Matt Field defeated Chris Forsberg in the Final, giving him his first-ever victory.
Formula DRIFT Round 7: Matt Field Earns His First Career Victory
Formula DRIFT presented by BlackVue returned to Texas for Round 7: Autozone Showdown presented by Black Magic, where Matt Field defeated Chris Forsberg for his first-ever victory in the Falken Tire/Driftcave Motorsports Nissan 240. With only one event until the final event of the season, the drivers put it all on the line in their chase for the championship. Heading into the event, only 15 points separated the Top 3 drivers. Chris Forsberg in the NOS Energy Drink/Hankook Nissan 370Z met Alec Hohnadell in the Enjuku/Get Nuts Lab/Nexen Tire Nissan 240 in the semi-finals. Hohnadell had car issues throughout the competition, which helped to advance Forsberg into the Finals. Field faced Kristaps Bluss in the HGK/Mast/Motul/Achilles BMW M3. A major mistake by Bluss on his chase run took him off course to give Field the win. This marked Forsberg’s sixth consecutive podium, and he now leads the chase for the championship by 36 points with one event remaining. The 2016 Formula DRIFT Pro Championship will continue to Round 8: O’Reilly Auto Parts Title Fight sponsored by Gumout, October 7–8, 2016, at Irwindale Speedway.
NMRA Announces 2017 Event Schedule
The National Mustang Racers Association (NMRA) has announced its official schedule for the 2017 season, featuring a lineup of all-Ford drag-racing classes, car shows and special events:
- March 2–5, 2017: 23rd Annual NMRA Spring Break Shootout, Bradenton Motorsports Park, Bradenton, Florida
- April 6–9, 2017: 9th Annual NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals, Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, Georgia
- May 4–7, 2017: 17th Annual NMRA Ford Motorsport Nationals, Maple Grove Raceway, Reading, Pennsylvania
- June 8–11, 2017: 14th Annual NMRA Ford Supernationals, National Trail Raceway, Hebron, Ohio
- July 27–30, 2017: 12th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing, Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Illinois
- September 28–October 1, 2017: 19th Annual NMRA All-Ford World Finals: Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky
VP Racing Returns as Official Fuel of 2016 IJSBA World Finals
The International Jet Sports Boating Association (IJSBA) has announced that VP Racing Fuels has been designated the Official Trackside Supplier for the 2016 quakysense World Finals scheduled October 1–9 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. VP’s distributor, Western States Petroleum, will be on site at Lake Havasu from October 1–9 with fuels available for sale.