By SEMA Editors
Team Comp Cams from Burton Center for Arts and Technology of Salem, Virginia, scored a first-place finish with a time of 19:38 at the UTI Pennsylvania Qualifier.
After 18 teams battled at the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow UTI Pennsylvania Qualifier in Exton, Pennsylvania, last weekend, four schools advanced to the Dual National Championships held later this year at the SEMA Show and PRI Show. The playoff team count now stands at 35.
Team Comp Cams from Burton Center for Arts and Technology of Salem, Virginia, scored a first-place finish with a time of 19:38 at the UTI Pennsylvania Qualifier. With four returning team members and two students with just weeks under their belt, they knew this challenge was cut out for them. Coach Chris Overfelt is no stranger to success with Hot Rodders of Tomorrow, as he has consistently led National Championship teams to victory.
Also heading to the Dual National Championships are Team Speed Pro from Franklin County Career & Technology Center of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, who qualified with a low time of 23:57; Team Flowmaster from Burton Center for Arts and Technology (26:05); and Team Derale Performance from CD Hylton High School of Woodridge, Virginia (30:37).
Stay tuned for more information on the next qualifying event at the Edelbrock Car Show, May 14, in Torrance, California. For more information, visit HotRoddersofTomorrow.com or connect with them on Facebook.
Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge 2016 Schedule:
- Edelbrock Car Show: Torrance, California, May 14, 2016
- Lane Automotive Car Show: Watervliet, Michigan, May 28, 2016
- UTI Northern CA Qualifier: Sacramento, California, June 4, 2016
- 11th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing: Joliet, Illinois, July 30–31, 2016
- SEMA Show: Las Vegas, November 1–4, 2016 (Dual National Championship)
- Performance Racing Industry Trade Show: Indianapolis, December 8–10, 2016 (Dual National Championship)