Compiled by SEMA Editors
4 Wheel Parts President and CEO Greg Adler will challenge for a championship in the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series’ marquee Pro 4 division.
4 Wheel Parts Renews Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series Partnership
4 Wheel Parts renewed its multi-tiered partnership with Lucas Oil Products and the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series. The agreement is comprised of 4 Wheel Parts being named “Official Off-Road Parts Retailer” of the short-course off-road racing series, the expansion of its successful “Youth Ticket Program,” along with a Lucas Oil Products marketing and promotional effort in all 74 North American 4 Wheel Parts retail store locations. The Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series 16-round season is set to kick-off March 19 in Chandler, Arizona. 4 Wheel Parts President and CEO Greg Adler will challenge for a championship in the series’ marquee Pro 4 division.
FASTRAK Extends Partnership With VP Racing Fuels
The FASTRAK Racing Series announced that VP Racing Fuels will continue as the Official Fuel of FASTRAK, including both the FASTRAK weekly series and touring series throughout the United States. As part of the multi-year agreement, VP will be the Preferred Fuel Provider for all FASTRAK racing and receive significant brand exposure at race venues and on the series’ digital and social media platforms.
Turn 14 Distribution Sponsors TS Performance Outlaw Diesel Drag Race and Sled Pull
Turn 14 Distribution has agreed to sponsor the 2016 edition of the TS Performance Outlaw Diesel Drag Race & Sled Pull. The drag-racing portion of the event takes place Friday, June 3, at Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky—also the home of TS Performance. There are six drag classes scheduled for competition, from ET Bracket to Pro Mod and Pro Dragster diesel machines. Time trials start at 10:00 a.m., with qualifying and eliminations scheduled shortly afterward. On Friday afternoon, Jim Roberts Community Park in Franklin, Kentucky, becomes the home of the Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League sled-pull competition portion of the event. Eight separate classes from the 2.6 class to the Super Modified Tractor class will be on-hand. The 2.6 class begins pulling at 11:00 a.m., with the main pulls scheduled for 6:00 p.m.
RallySport Direct Announces Partnership with Cosworth to Expand Offerings of Performance Products for Enthusiasts in North America
RallySport Direct has announced a new partnership with Cosworth to provide the same level of performance products for the U.S. enthusiast market that has been available from Cosworth in Europe and around the world. Partnering with RallySport Direct as the master distributor for North America, Cosworth is providing more products, better inventory availability, customer support, and service into the U.S. market than ever before.
The 2016 NMRA Keystone Automotive drag-racing season opened the first weekend of March.
Race Wrap for 22nd Annual Nitto Tire NMRA Spring Break Shootout presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
The 2016 NMRA Keystone Automotive drag-racing season broke out in an all-out slugfest at Bradenton Motorsports Park during the opening weekend of March. The 22nd Annual Nitto Tire NMRA Spring Break Shootout presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords is the first of six races for the all-Ford series.
- VP Racing Fuels Street Outlaw: Dwayne Barbaree and Russell Stone push their Kuntz and Company-powered ’90 Mustang LX coupe into the Aerospace Components Winner's Circle with a win over newcomer Vince Palazzolo.
- Edelbrock Renegade: The supercharged coupe of Alton Clements ran 7.64 at 181 mph to Hellion Racing B-Team’s Frank Varela, who had gone 7.78 at 177 mph.
- ProCharger Coyote Modified: “Johnny Lightning” Wiker cruised to the win over Joe Guertin with an 8.01 at 175 mph.
- G-Force Transmission Pure Street: Teddy Weaver broke Jimmy Wilson’s five-race win streak by going 9.62 at 139 mph to Wilson’s 9.97 at 139 mph.
- American Racing Headers Factory Stock: James Meredith took off grabbing the victory with a 10.60 at 123 mph to Matt Amrine's 10.85 at 125 mph.
- Race Pages Coyote Stock: Jacob Lamb rolled out an NMRA career best of 10.27 at 129 mph to beat defending class champion Drew Lyons, who had logged a 10.37 at 128 mph performance.
- Fluid Turbo Concepts Turbo Coyote Shootout: Justin Jordan ran a career-best time of 7.74 at 175 mph to top Ronnie Reynolds, who ran 7.78 at 182 mph.
- Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Battle: UPR Products’ Bill Putnam ran a career best of 10.87 at 125 mph over Brad Gusler of BG Racing to score a second victory in the EcoBoost Battle.
- VMP Performance Terminator vs. GT500 Shootout: Brian Devilbiss and his Devil's Reject ’13 Shelby GT500 beat Rick Kaknes with an 8.11 at 181 mph over Kaknes’ 10.38 at 137 mph.
- Muscle Mustangs Spring Break Shootout: Randy Seward became a three-time Spring Break Shootout winner when he defeated Raul Torres. The Calypso Green turbo coupe charged to the finish line with an 8.53 at 166 mph to Torres’ 8.81 at 152 mph.
- Roush Performance Super Stang: Marco Ponce Jr.’s Real Deal Boss beat Brenspeed’s Marvin Knack with an 11.57 dial-in through four rounds of eliminations.
- Ford Muscle: Danny Towe and his ’70 Mustang beat Tom Osterkamp and his twin-turbo Mustang.
- Exedy Racing Modular Muscle: The SN95 of Charlie McCulloch took the win over Rick Doern and his ’07 Mustang GT.
- Flex-a-lite Open Comp: Greg Essen beat Dennis Corn, who ran .002 under his index and handed the automatic win over to Essen.
- Detroit Locker Truck & Lightning: Randy Conway used his ’84 Ranger to earn a victory at the season-opening race over M.J. Smith.
- QA1 True Street: Randy Seward took the overall winner title thanks to an 8.32 average.
- TREMEC Stick Shift Shootout: Jeff Smith beat RIck Kaknes with a slower 10.48 at 137 mph to Kaknes’ 10.28 at 142 mph.
The next stop on the NMRA tour is Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia, for the eighth-annual Borla Exhaust NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals presented by Miller Welders, April 7–10.
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Returns as 2016 Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series Sponsor, NMCA Series and Radial Wars Class Sponsor
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels begins another season as a returning sponsor of the 2016 Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS). Mickey Thompson will provide the Baja Pro, Baja ATZP3 and Sportsman S/T racing tires in the Pro 2, Pro 4, Pro Lite and Pro Buggy classes. This year’s LOORRS Team M/T includes Brian Deegan and Myan Spaccarelli in Pro 2; Eric Barron in Pro 4; Ronnie Faisst, and Brad DeBerti in Pro Lite; Taylor Atchison, Garrett George, Darren Hardesty Jr. and Mike Valentine in Pro Buggy.
Mickey Thompson also returns to NMCA racing as an official series and Radial Wars class sponsor. The company will offer contingency awards for all Pro, Sportsman and special-event classes, and Mickey Thompson Motorsports will be on-site offering trackside support during most events.
NMCA Announces New Pro Stock Class
NMCA Pro Stock—an all-new naturally aspirated class created by Bob Book, Richard Maskin and NMCA Tech Director Dave Werremeyer—is basically a no-limits small-block Pro Stock class in which any domestic car or truck body is permitted, as well as cross breeding of powerplant and bodies.
Pro Stock will be contested as a Shootout class at the final three 2016 NMCA events:
- June 23–26, 2016 – 15th Annual NMCA All-American Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis
- July 28–31, 2016 – 11th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing at Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Illinois
- August 25–28, 2016 – 14th Annual NMCA World Street Finals, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, Ohio
In 2017, plans are being made for Pro Stock to battle it out at all NMCA events for a class championship with the winner crowned during the NMCA Awards Ceremony at the PRI Show in Indianapolis.
NASCAR at Irwindale Speedway “Night of Destruction” Results
Seidner’s Collision Centers Enduro – 15 laps
- Willey Whatley, Moreno Valley
- Dan Souto, San Diego
- Robert Rice, Hawthorne
Seidner’s Collision Centers Figure 8 – 30 laps
- Robert Rice, Hawthorne
- Steve Belling, Rialto
- Neil Himes, Crestline
Robertson Solar Southwest Tour Trucks – 30 laps
- Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga
- Ron Nava, Encinitas
- Zack St. Onge, Upland
Seidner’s Collision Centers Skid Plate Cars – 20 laps
- Mike Digregario, Temple City
- Robert Rice, Hawthorne
- Austin "Smokey" Lee, Rancho Cucamonga
Pick Your Part Demolition Derby
- Jeffrey Best, Valencia
- Jonathan Destrfano
- Tommy Mason, Canyon Country
- Tommy Mason, Canyon Country
- Robert Rice, Hawthorne
- Robbie Salcido, Perris
NASCAR Names Ford Motor Company Winner Of “Driving Business Award”
Days after Ford Motor Co. celebrated its first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory of the season, the manufacturer will take home its third NASCAR “Driving Business Award.” Ford is the first three-time recipient of the annual award, which is bestowed upon the Official NASCAR Partner that demonstrates leadership and results through its participation in the NASCAR Fuel for Business (NFFB) Council.
The brand-new EXR LV02 race car will see official competition at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca March 18–20.
EXR LV02 to Debut in U.S. Competition at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
The brand-new EXR LV02 race car will see official competition on a U.S. racetrack for the first time ever, March 18–20, when the EXR Racing Series fields a three-car team in the SCCA San Francisco Region’s Club Racing opener at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Driving the EXR LV02 vehicles are co-founder Romain Thievin, team manager Alex Premat and sporting advisor Tristan Vautier. The EXR Racing Series travels to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for its second race weekend, May 20–22.
Wilwood Announces 2016 Sponsorships/Partnerships
Wilwood Disc Brakes and the United Sprint Car Series (USCS) have renewed their partnership recognizing the California-based brake manufacturer as the official disc brakes of USCS and related series for its 20th anniversary season. USCS hosts three divisions, including winged 360 sprint cars, outlaw open-wheel modifieds and 600cc micro/mini sprint cars. Wilwood will provide support for each division with product certificates to the 360 sprint car and 600cc sprint car hard chargers, and modified first heat race winner at every USCS event. Wilwood also has renewed its sponsorship with Maryland Performance Center (MPC) and its Real Street Class through the 2016 season.
In addition, Wilwood has teamed up with the WISSOTA Promoters Association to be a sponsor for the WISSOTA/PolyDome Dirt Track Series in 2016. The WISSOTA Promoters Association is a non-profit organization overseeing approximately 50 race tracks in the United States and Canada. Divisions include Late Models, Modifieds, Super Stocks, Midwest Modifieds, Street Stocks, Mod Fours, Pure Stocks and Hornets. As part of the sponsorship, Wilwood will provide product and product certificates for each division, which will be distributed at the national awards banquet at the end of the year.