By John Waraniak
Today’s vehicles, as well as the auto and performance industries are being reinvented, restructured and re-envisioned. Cars are quickly moving from standalone mechanical products to smart electronic products and connected smart products. Not since the beginning of the industry have we seen such disruption in how cars are designed, developed, customized, sold, serviced and owned. Vehicles drive themselves, avoid accidents and connect to their owners’ digital lifestyles. They produce lower emissions, go faster and are safer, smarter and cooler than ever.
The disruptive technologies leading the auto industry and aftermarket product revolution are creating many new and exciting business opportunities and careers for both old-school and new-school SEMA companies. Integration of automotive and consumer electronics technologies and systems is the hottest area where automakers are collaborating with traditional and non-traditional aftermarket companies. Attendees at this Forum will learn first-hand from leading Motor City and Silicon Valley experts how to compete in today’s rapidly evolving vehicle electronics markets and take advantage of the exciting growth opportunities with connected vehicles, software-based customization and digital technologies for automotive applications.
SEMA’s Vehicle Electronics Forum is scheduled for Thursday, November 5, from 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., in rooms N258–N260 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Vehicle Electronics Forum
When: Thursday, November 5, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center
Moderator: John Waraniak, SEMA Vice President of Vehicle Technology
- Ted Cardenas, Vice President of Marketing, Pioneer Electronics USA
- David Strickland, Partner in Venable’s Regulatory Group, Former Administrator, NHTSA
- Greg Krueger, Connected Vehicle Program Manager, LEIDOS
- Dave Anderson, Senior Manager of Automotive Integration, NVIDIA
- John Ellis, Automotive Software Specialist, Ellis and Associates
- Elaina Farnsworth, CEO and Founder of MOBILE COMPLY
- Jeff Varick, CEO and Founder, BRANDMOTION
- Jim Sherman, Business and Technical Events Developer, SAE International
Attendance is free but registration is required. To register go to www.SEMAShow.com/register.