David Eckert's ’69 Ford Mach 40 won Best of Show at the 10th annual Gran Turismo Awards during the 2012 SEMA Show
David Eckert, with his ’69 Ford Mach 40, won Best of Show at the 10th annual Gran Turismo Awards during the 2012 SEMA Show at the Palms Casino and Resort's Rain nightclub in Las Vegas. Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA), publisher of the Gran Turismo racing franchise, hosted the hottest rides from the Show, competing for an opportunity to be immortalized in a future Gran Turismo title, selected by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi.
Additional awards included:
- Best Truck/SUV – Sean Morris, ’08 Toyota Dragquoia
- Best Domestic Car – Jim Holloway, ’13 Ford Mustang RTR
- Best Asian Import – Felix Marcelino, ’13 Scion – Evasive FRS
- Best European Import – Jamie Vondruska, ’13 Volkswagon Vortex Super Beetle
- Best Hot Rod – David Eckert, ’69 Ford Mach 40
Eckert's vehicle will join the esteemed list of GT Award winners with a playable part in future Gran Turismo games.