|SEMA members elected Paul "Scooter" Brothers to serve as the association's new Chairman-Elect.|
|Incoming SEMA Chairman Rick Rollins begins his two-year term on August 1. |
Paul “Scooter” Brothers of Comp Performance Group will serve as chairman-elect of SEMA beginning August 1, 2009. Members of the 46-year old association voted Brothers to fill the position that was held for the past two years by Rick Rollins of Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting.
Rollins begins his role as Chairman on August 1, 2009. He, along with Brothers and 22 others on the SEMA Board of Directors, will guide the association in addressing the most pressing industry issues for the next two years.
“Rick and Scooter are both industry veterans who have proven track records for knowing and understanding what’s important and relevant to the industry,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We are fortunate to have such dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers leading the association during these challenging times.”
The 2009–2010 SEMA Board of Directors is an esteemed group of industry professionals, including four newly elected members: Joel Ayres of Truck Accessories Group, Jeff Bates of Bob Cook Sales, Laurel Dasher of Superchips Inc., and Zan Martin of Martin & Co. Advertising. The 2009–2010 SEMA Board of Directors roster is as follows:
Chairman: Rick Rollins, Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting
Chairman-Elect: Paul “Scooter” Brothers, Comp Performance Group
Immediate Past Chairman: Jim Cozzie
- Ralph Accinno, Racers Equipment Warehouse Inc.
- Gale Banks, Gale Banks Engineering
- Luanne Brown, eTool Developers
- Joel Ayres, Truck Accessories Group
- Jeff Bates, Bob Cook Sales
- Laurel Dasher, Superchips
- Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors Inc.
- Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
- Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt
- Dennis Gage, “My Classic Car,” Bradley David Productions
- BJ Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories
- Zan Martin, Martin & Co. Advertising
- Bob Moore, Bob Moore & Partners
- Tony Napoli, American Speed Center
- Ed Orzetti, Keystone Automotive Operations Inc.
- Mike Spagnola, Street Scene Equipment
- David Stutts, Hot Rod Air Inc.
- Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Company
- Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems
- Van Woodell, Weathers Auto Supply
- Jeep Worthan, Auto Meter
- Dave Wrobleski, Jim Wrobleski & Co. Inc.
Dan Gresham of Coutant Capital will serve as the new secretary/treasurer for the Board, while Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
“Our industry is undergoing unprecedented change and challenge,” said Kersting. “This is a time when the industry’s association can prove extremely valuable. We appreciate the talented volunteers on the SEMA Board who have committed to help the industry with their service.”
The newly elected members will take the oath of office at the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, taking place Saturday, August 1, 2009, in Pasadena, California. Also during the event, outgoing Board members Larry Erickson of Erickson Design, Richard Sherman of SLP Performance Parts and Mark Toebben of DCi will be recognized and thanked for their contributions to the industry, and a special tribute will be made as Rolan “Jeep” Worthan, the late Henry “Smokey” Yunick and the late Bill Perry are introduced as the 2009 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees.
The Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser is part of SEMA Leadership Days, Thursday–Saturday, July 30–August 1, 2009. During the three-day event, current and future leaders of the automotive specialty-equipment industry will participate in educational programming, networking, recognition and leadership activities in Pasadena, California. Individuals attending the SEMA Leadership Days can play an essential role in helping to determine the future direction of the association and industry. Details and tickets are available at www.sema.org/LeadershipDays.