Why SBN? The SEMA Businesswomen’s Network is a dynamic group of professionals representing the women of SEMA. The SBN oversees the continued development and management of the SEMA Mentoring Program, the Annual SEMA Speed Networking Breakfast, opportunities for SBN Member Networking, SBN Communications, SBN Projects, development of articles and member features, contributes regularly to SEMA Member News, and much more!
Connect with us
The SEMA Businesswomen’s Network’s mission is to provide networking, education, and recognition opportunities for professional women in the Specialty Equipment Industry which will enhance their careers and positively impact the growth of the entire automotive aftermarket.
The SEMA Businesswomen’s Network is a dynamic group of professionals representing the women of SEMA. The SBN oversees the continued development and management of Gear-up Girl, SBN SEMA Show Reception, opportunities for SBN Member Networking, SBN Communications, SBN Projects, development of articles and member features, contributes regularly to SEMA Member News, and much more! The SBN, now over 550+ members strong, is the fastest growing group within the SEMA membership. Welcome!
For more information, contact Director of Networks Nicole Bradle.
Council & Network Member Spotlight Library
Open to all council and network members, the spotlight program provides the opportunity for individuals in the industry to share their career successes and stories or nominate a colleague / company to share how they are contributing to the specialty-equipment market. If you are, or know a person who deserves to be recognized, you are invited and encouraged to submit an application by selecting the link within each group's section.
#SheIsSEMA Spotlights - January 2022
Find out more about the latest #SheIsSEMA Member Spotlight recipient Mercedes Lilienthal. Check out her Q&A's with SEMA.
#SheIsSEMA Spotlights - December 2021
Find out more about #SheIsSEMA Member Spotlight recipient Rebeca Olavarrieta. Check out her Q&A's with SEMA.
SBN 2021 WEBINAR SERIES
As part of the SEMA Virtual Education program, the SBN is hosting four new series focused on helping SBN members enhance their business and professional development.
With up to four live sessions in each series, participants will receive a comprehensive overview on topics ranging from team management to mastering the job search process. Participants will also have the opportunity to hear from and network with leading women in the industry while and learning essential tips and strategies for succeeding in the workplace.
To register for upcoming education events and to view past SBN education sessions now available on-demand, navigate to SEMA's virtual education page using the button below.
SHARPEN YOUR SOFT SKILLS
Learn how to master the personal attributes that enable you to interact effectively with other people. You will learn everything you need to know about being a great employee, teammate, and leader in the workplace. Resources learned during these sessions can enhance and advance your career.
- Asserting Yourself in the Workplace
- Securing Education and Skills Training for Current and Future Positions
- Effectively Managing Conflict
- The Value of Managing Different Personalities
- Network Your Way to Beneficial Connections
Team management skills are something every manager should have and strive to constantly improve upon. This series will cover what skills may be expected but not trained for, and provide managers with the tools they need to successfully lead and advance their company's mission.
- Empower and Boost Morale with Limited Resources
- Reducing Micromanagement and Increasing Employee Self-Sufficiency
- How to Keep Productivity at a Maximum
- The Value of a Diverse Team
- Identify the Right Candidate
PERFECTING YOUR JOB SEARCH
Searching and preparing for a new job can be overwhelming. Learn how to master the search and application process as well as the details in between the application and start date, and land better opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Resume Do's and Don'ts
- Interview Skills
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink of Job Hunting
- Transitioning from Day 1 to 365
C-SUITE PEER INSIGHTS
Being an executive isn't always easy. Discuss and learn from your peers about common challenges, values and different perspectives to help you and your team lead through 2021. The insights and networking gained through this series can be a vital resource to enhance your current strategies.
- Sharing Their Wisdom
- Achieving Work - Life Balance
SBN Select Committee
Cathy Clark, Chair
Bob Cook Sales
Sara Morosan, Chair-elect
Lana Chrisman, IPC
Lions Automobilia Foundation
Bower Motorsports Media
Allison Chisenhall Harding
Race Winning Brands
Ford Motor Company
SBN Member Logo Download
Guidelines for Proper Usage of the SEMA Logo(s)
- SEMA encourages SBN members to post the SBN Member logo on any personal professional websites and use it on individualized professional-related materials such as letterhead, catalogs, business cards and advertisements.
- A SBN member may not use the SBN Logo to market a particular product, or affix the logo to a product or to product packaging.
- The SBN Member logo may never be used by a SBN member as a "stand-alone"; the logo must clearly say "Member" exactly as it is placed shown to the left.
- The SBN Member logo may not, under any circumstances, be distorted in its display; the logo must be vertically positioned as originally intended (not tweaked, turned upside down, etc.).
- The SBN Member logo may not be printed in any other color(s) than the original red, black and white scheme. If red is unattainable, then all black is permissible.
If you require a hi-res version of the logo, please email email@example.com.