This 1996 Toyota 4Runner was a SEMA-Sponsored High School Vehicle Build (HSVB) project for OPS Career Center in Omaha, NE. The build was led by Automotive Shop Instructors David Pippert and Bradley Goodwin, with assistance from Ryan Messerschmidt, Welding Instructor, as well as over 30 students throughout its time at the school's automotive shop with nearly 200 hours invested in the build.
SOLD - $23,500
Auction has officially closed.
The exterior is Sunfire Red Pearl in color with a black and tan interior. There are over $13,500 in added aftermarket and OEM parts on this build, not including the nearly 200 hours of labor, materials or consumable supplies. Overall value of the completed upgrades is well over $25,000.
- PRP Enduro Reclining Seats and Custom Back Bench Seat
- Planted – Driver and Passenger Seat Mounting Brackets
- Custom Fabricated Rear Seat Mount
- Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) – Plush Cut Pile Replacement Carpet Kit
- Husky - Front and Rear Floor Liners
- Linear Logic - ScanGauge 2 Vehicle Monitor System
- Tuffy Security Products - Universal Valuables Safe w/Camlock (included, but not currently installed)
- Covercraft - UVS100 Custom Sunscreen
- True North Fabrications - Front and Rear Plate Bumpers
- True North Fabrications - Spare Tire Carrier Swingout
- WARN Industries – VR EVO 8 Winch w/relocated controller box
- Bushwacker – Fender Flares
- BOLT Lock – Hitch Receiver Lock, Padlock and Cable Lock (included, but not currently installed)
- Draw-Tite – 118341 Trailer Wiring Adapter Kit (Flat 4 Style)
- ORACLE Lighting - H4 - S3 LED Headlight Bulb Conversion
- Diode Dynamics – SS3 LED Pod Lights w/custom 3D printed mounting adapter in bumper
- Diode Dynamics – LED Tail Light Bulbs
- AVS – In-Channel Ventvisor Front Side Window Deflectors
- RBP Wheels – 81R Saharan 1890-83-00FB, 18"x9" with Black Finish
- Atturo Tire - LT275/65/R18 Trail Blade M/T Tires, 32.3" height
- Function and Form – 2" Leveling Kit
- K&N Engineering – 57-9013 Performance Air Intake System
- Borla Performance - 14659 Cat-Back Exhaust System
- PowerUp 700 Jump Start Pack
- MagicMount™ Qi Pro Charge5 for Window or Dash
- PowerVolt™ PD32 – USB A+C Home Charger
- PowerVolt™ QC38 – USB A+C Car Charger
- Assortment of USB-C, Micro-USB and Lightning cables
- ThudBuds™ True Wireless Earbuds
- Scosche Multicam Bear Logo Hat
- Scosche Sticker Pack (6)
MEET THE SCHOOL
The Omaha Public Schools (OPS) Career Center Automotive Program is a three-year automotive technology program with two ASE Certified instructors. Enrollment is available for students attending one of seven OPS High schools. Opened in 1985, the Career Center continues the legacy of former Omaha Technical High School (1924-1984). Automotive Technology has been an integral program since the beginning of Technical High School.
Students can take courses in Steering and Suspension, Brakes, HVAC, Engine Repair, Engine Performance, Transmissions, and Electrical. More than 12 industry certifications can be earned by students. Additionally, automotive courses taken at the Career Center are recognized as related instruction in Youth Registered Apprenticeships with two local car dealers. There are between 80-100 students enrolled annually in the Automotive Technology program.