2021 SEMA Show:
Connect and Engage With SEMA Councils and Networks
By Ellen McKoy
There’s no business like show business—trade-show business, that is. Just ask buyers.
Throughout the week of the SEMA Show, SEMA councils and networks will host numerous activities on and off the Show floor. It’s a once-a-year chance to link up with like-minded professionals, celebrate the achievements of industry leaders, expand knowledge, and explore ways to get involved in association activities. The following is a rundown of this year’s events.
Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO)
- ARMO Reception. Tuesday, November 2, 5:15 p.m.–7:30 p.m., Westgate Resort & Casino, Ballroom B. Enjoy an evening of camaraderie, refreshments, beverages and awards presentations.
- ARMO Builders Panel. Wednesday, November 3, 10:15 a.m.–11:15 a.m., North Hall, Room N255. Featuring moderator Sabra Johnson and panelists Steve Cook, Dan Short and Bob Smith.
Emerging Trends & Technology Network (ETTN)
- “Synthetic Fuels: Paving the Way for the Future of ICEs—Powered by ETTN.” Monday, November 1, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m., North Hall, Room N259.
- Tech ’N’ Toast. Inaugural breakfast networking event. Thursday, November 4, 8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m., North Hall, Room N235.
- “Challenges to Modding the Modern Powertrain—Powered by ETTN.” Thursday, November 4, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m., North Hall, Room N258.
- ETTN Lunch and Learn. Thursday, November 4, 12:30 p.m.–2:00 p.m., North Hall, Rooms N235. Featuring presentations, panel discussion and networking with industry thought leaders.
Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA)
- HRIA Reception. Wednesday, November 3, 5:15 p.m.–8:30 p.m., Westgate Resort & Casino, Paradise Center. Celebrate with colleagues and friends as hot-rod builder and emcee Tim Strange salutes industry achievers during the awards ceremony. Proceeds of sponsored tables benefit the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- “Hot-Rod Builders Drive the Vintage Segment—Powered by HRIA.” Thursday, November 4, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., North Hall, Room N258. Join leading builders as they share knowledge and insights into the future of hot rodding.
Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council (MPMC)
- “Motorsports Builders Panel— Powered by MPMC.” Wednesday, November 2, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., North Hall, Room N254. Elite builders share pandemic experiences, what they learned and what lies ahead.
Professional Restylers Organization (PRO)
- PRO Reception. Tuesday, November 2, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m., West Hall, third floor terrace. Mingle under the stars with industry leaders while enjoying hot hors d’oeuvres and drinks.
- “How the Pandemic Moved Buyers From Your Showroom to Online—Powered by PRO.” Wednesday, November 3, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., West Hall, Room W235. Join PRO Select Committee Member Rod Bennett and panelists as they explore the evolving landscape.
- PRO Happy Hour. Wednesday, November 3, 4:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m., booth #50185, West Hall. Enjoy a beverage and conversation as PRO leadership presents the PRO Cup Challenge trophy and announces the fan-favorite winner.
- “EV and the Accessorization Game—Powered by PRO.” Thursday, November 4, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., North Hall, Room N254.
- Lunch With the PROs—General Membership Meeting. Thursday, November 4, 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m., West Hall, Room W219. Connect with the PRO select committee and fellow members for the latest council updates. Learn how to get involved and help shape the future of the restyling industry.
SEMA Businesswomen’s Network (SBN)
- “Women Who Build—Powered by SBN.” Tuesday, November 2, 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., North Hall, Room N259. Panel discussion featuring top women builders sharing their journeys and what they see for the future of custom-car building.
- “Women in Leadership—Powered by SBN.” Wednesday, November 3, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m., North Hall, Room N258. CEOs discuss the importance of having women on the leadership team and how to encourage the advancement of women in the industry.
- Gear-Up Girl. Wednesday, November 3, 4:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m., Renaissance Hotel Pool. Popular women-only networking event for female students, young career women and seasoned women leaders.
- SBN Reception. Wednesday, November 3, 5:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m., Renaissance Hotel Pool Deck. Reception (open to men and women) immediately following Gear-Up Girl. Features gourmet food, beverages and more networking.
- “Women Who Rule Racing—Powered by SBN.” Thursday, November 4, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m., North Hall, Room N258. Top female racers talk about how they’ve overcome adversities and are encouraging young women to enter the racing world.
Truck & Off-Road Alliance (TORA)
- TORA Happy Hour. Tuesday, November 2, 4:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m., West Hall booth #56155. Enjoy a beverage and shoptalk; connect with TORA select committee members. Cheer the winners of two new-product awards.
- “Why Truck and Off-Road Builders Are Thriving—Powered by TORA.” Wednesday, November 3, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., West Hall, Room W235. Journalist Sean P. Holman leads a builder panel discussion on some of the best aftermarket business opportunities.
- TORA Reception. Wednesday, November 3, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m., West Hall, Third Floor Terrace. Enjoy appetizers and beverages while hobnobbing with colleagues. Awards ceremony honors industry achievers; Pinewood Drags raises funds to benefit SEMA Cares.
Wheel & Tire Council (WTC)
- The Stage—Powered by WTC. Tuesday, November 2, South Hall Member Lounge, booth #49031. Council Chair Todd Steen, Chair-Elect Mike Lusso and Immediate Past Chair Tyson Boyer conduct twice-daily interviews with prominent wheel and tire pros. Afternoon session concludes with the WTC Hall of Fame presentation.
- Meet the New SEMA Board of Directors. 11:00 a.m. Moderator: Todd Steen. Speakers: Brian Reese, Larry Montante, Kyle Fickler
- Meet the WTC Team and 2021 WTC Awards. 3:30 p.m. Moderator: Steve Swanson. Speakers: Todd Steen, Mike Lusso, Tyson Boyer.
- WTC Reception. Tuesday, November 2, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m., South Hall Member Lounge, booth #49031. Awards ceremony, followed immediately by the awards reception. Guests enjoy an evening of good fellowship, refreshments and networking.
- The Stage—Powered by WTC. Wednesday, November 3.
- “Five Things You Need to Launch a New Product.” 11:00 a.m. Moderator: Todd Steen. Speakers: Eric Morley & Kathryn Reinhardt.
- Regulations and Stipulations. 4:00 p.m. Moderator: Tyson Boyer. Speaker: Stuart Gosswein. (Additional speakers to be determined. Visit www.SEMAShow.com.)
- WTC Happy Hour. Wednesday, November 3, 5:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m., South Hall Member Lounge, booth #49031. Members and newcomers are invited to Happy Hour. Enjoy a beverage, conversation and updates on council initiatives.
- Coffee & Conversation. Thursday, November 4, 8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. Entrance to the Global Tire Expo, Lower South Hall. Start the day with a cup of java and a snack while learning about WTC programs and benefits.
- The Stage—Powered by WTC. Thursday, November 4.
- “Impact of Wheel Changes on Vehicles Equipped With Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems.” 11:00 a.m. Moderator: Mike Lusso. Speaker: Kaleb Silver.
- “E-Commerce, Direct to Consumer Strategies.” 4:00 p.m. Moderator: Todd Steen. Speakers: Chris Ripper, Michael Welch.
Young Executives Network (YEN)
- YEN General Membership Meeting & Mixer. Monday, November 1, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. Top Golf, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. Membership meeting and mixer features golf games, food, drink and good fellowship. Attendance limited to 75 pre-sign ups.
- YEN Reception. Tuesday, November 2, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m., Renaissance Hotel, Garage Rooftop. New outdoor venue includes food, drinks, networking and presentation of the Vanguard and Young Executive of the Year awards.
- “Future Industry Outlooks From CEOs Under 40—Powered by YEN.” Thursday, November 4, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m., North Hall, Room N259. BOOSTane’s Ian Lehn, SEMA Board member Lindsay Hubley of Lodestone Events/Overland Expo, and Radians’ Kirstin Stone, former YEN chair, headline a discussion on where the industry is headed over the next decade and beyond.