SEMA News—October 2013
By Jon Wyly
Education, Answers and Solutions!
SEMA Data Co-op at the Show:
The SEMA Data Co-op (SDC) will be giving presentations and demos all day Tuesday, November 5, through Friday, November 8, in booth #20579, and is also offering a full slate of educational sessions on Monday, November 4. All sessions are free, run one hour each and are repeated morning and afternoon to best accommodate busy Show schedules.
The following is a rundown of the topics that will be covered:
You can reserve your spot online and read more detail about each session’s content. These seminars will take place in rooms N259 and N261 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
These SDC sessions are designed for you and your team to add practical knowledge about data management best practices and to give us a chance to hear your ideas for the next steps of the SDC. You can expect clear, practical education about the industry data standards and a casual, interactive discussion format with SDC staff and industry data experts that is sure to advance your product data management effort.
Also, be sure to set a private meeting with the SDC in booth #20579 at the SEMA Show. You’ll be given a personalized presentation about SDC services, view a system demonstration and engage in technical discussions with some of the industry’s leading data experts. Simply log on and request a meeting. The SDC booth will be located in the same spot as last year, in the Central Hall just behind the Ford display in the raised meeting room right next to the Keystone Automotive booth.
We look forward to seeing you at the Show and are anxious to show you how far the SDC has come in the past year.
- Introduction to Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES)—8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Introduction to Aftermarket Catalog Enhanced Standard (ACES)—9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Advanced PIES—10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Advanced ACES—11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- SDC Supplier User’s Group—8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- SDC Receiver Users Group—9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- What’s New at the SDC—10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Introduction to the SDC and System Demonstration—11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
To learn more about how you can take control of your product data and manage it at the lowest possible cost, contact SEMA Data Co-op Director of Membership Jim Graven at email@example.com or 888-958-6698 x4.