By Ashley Reyes
The SEMA Emerging Trends & Technology Network (ETTN) is gearing up for its Networking, Education, Resources and Development (N.E.R.D.) Symposium--taking place August 16-18 at the SEMA Garage in Detroit, Michigan.
Automotive aftermarket engineers, programmers and product developers still have time to secure their spot for the event, where they will meet one-on-one with product and service providers who offer tools and technology that can help them get their products to market faster, boost productivity and stay ahead of the competition.
The three-day symposium will feature high-value and daily educational seminars on popular topics in the automotive technology space, followed by networking sessions and meetings in the afternoon.
The networking sessions will give participants extra time to exchange ideas and explore potential collaborations, while the education sessions provide an exclusive opportunity to learn from leading experts on essential issues and technological advancements in the aftermarket space.
This year's education sessions are:
- Suspension System Simulations: From Fatigue to Riding and Handling Analysis
- Presenter: MingYao Ding, Principal/Vice President of Engineering at Ozen/Ansys
- Vehicle Communication Standards Update
- Presenter: Bob Augustine, Vice President of Business Development at Opus IVS
- Alternative Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Technology
- Presenter: Tobi Burek, Chief Engineer at Ricardo
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Update
- Presenter: Nick Dominato, Co-Founder and Chief Everything Officer, AutoBolt
- Bridging the Gap from "Runs Good" to Emissions Compliance
- Presenter: Greg Banish, Engineering Manager, Calibrated Success
- Designing Parts for Sanctioning Body Approval
- Presenter: Billy Godbold, President at Godbold Engineering
- Visualizing Fuel Injector Spray Characteristics That Impact Engine Performance
- Presenter: Dr. Paul Puzinauskas, University of Alabama
- Casting Prices, Casting Properties, and AM Design: GE Additive Binder Jet--Primed for the Automotive Industry
- Presenter: GE Additive