Power Automedia Announces New Leadership and Vision for Future
Power Automedia’s (PAM) new ownership group has its sights on expanding its footprint in the automotive aftermarket and adjacent markets. Electrified is the latest addition to the publishing brands, which is set to launch in early 2023 and seeks to expand Power Automedia’s audience beyond traditional enthusiasts and into the EV and e-mobility space. While Electrified will cover EV swaps and aftermarket modifications, it will also cover e-motorcycles, e-bikes, scooters, and the electrification of things as a means of alternative energy for transportation.
Electrifiedmagazine.com will be a hub for EV content for early adopters—fast paced and mobile-first with a modern and intuitive design, which will kick off a variety of platform updates among the entire division. Power Automedia’s newest division, though, is event promotion thanks to the acquisition of Mustang Week. The 21-year-old, week-long Mustang extravaganza is expected to flourish with the largest all-Ford digital magazine, Ford Muscle, behind it. Dates have been locked in for next year’s Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, event (September 4–10, 2023); however, Power Automedia has its sights set on expanding to include other locations and events.
Marketing is a key piece to launching new products and businesses, which made Nashona Haldane a key hire as marketing director earlier this year. Nashona has 20 years of experience in brand development and management, most recently at JMS Performance Group and Derive (SCT and Bully Dog). Haldane will work side by side with Lloyd Hunt, chief revenue officer, to drive revenue across PAM’s two divisions and 10 brands.
Hunt is part of the recently announced, five-person ownership group that also includes Scott Parker as well as Andrew Almazan (vice president of people), Kevin McIntosh (web and creative director) and Ivan Korda (senior director of business development).
Pennzoil Returns to SEMA Show With “Dare to Perform Experience”
Chelsea DeNofa’s Ford Mustang Formula DRIFT Car has 1,111 hp, more than 8,500rpm and more than 75 degrees of steering angle.
The “Dare to Perform” experience in the Pennzoil booth showcased state-of-the-art vehicles, new motor oil technology and special guests from the different facets of the automotive industry. Some of the 13 showstopping vehicles that were spotted in the Pennzoil booth included:
- The Hennessey Performance Venom F5 Coupe, a road car with a 6.6L twin-turbocharged V8 Engine filled with Pennzoil 10W-60 Full Synthetic motor oil, designed to attempt the world’s fastest production car record.
- The iconic Pennzoil Yellow Submarine, which Pennzoil and Shell have tested the racetrack limits with Team Penske for decades, including powering the “Yellow Submarine” through historic victories at the Indianapolis 500.
- Chelsea DeNofa’s Ford Mustang Formula DRIFT Car has 1,111 hp, more than 8,500rpm and more than 75 degrees of steering angle. The RTR Spec 5-FD rides on the fine line of chaos and coordination while driving sideways at speeds of over 100 mph and inches from competitors. Pennzoil Synthetics keeps the Ford Performance/Roush Yates RY45 455 CID V8 revving to the moon lap after lap.
- Rod Millen’s Toyota Tacoma from Pike’s Peak. This 1000hp, ’98 Toyota Tacoma battled up the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. The Tacoma boasts an amid-mounted 2.1L, turbocharged, four-cylinder engine that can go from 0-100 in two seconds and is powered by Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 Full Synthetic motor oil.
- Federico Sceriffo’s Ferrari Formula DRIFT car, aka ‘Fiorella’, powered by Pennzoil Platinum Racing 10W-60 Full Synthetic motor oil.
- Expedition Overland’s (XO) Toyota Tacoma aka ‘Raven’. The ‘Raven’ is the ‘ninja’ of the XO team. Equipped with a REDARC RedVision Total Vehicle Management System, a Goose Gears Tacoma Seat Delete Plate System, a DECKED Drawer System and topped with a Go Fast Camper, ‘Raven’ is built like a Swiss Army knife capable of doing whatever is needed.
- Johnny Grunwald’s ’94 Pennzoil Mazda RX7. The 20B Bridgeport Rotary Engine is powered by Pennzoil Platinum Racing 10W—60 Full Synthetic motor oil, PZ37 Oil Filter, and Gearplus 80W90.
Booth visitors were able to get up close and personal with Pennzoil scientists, industry personalities, professional drivers, and automotive builders such as John Hennessey, Austin Cindric, Vaughn Gitten Jr., Chelsea DeNofa, Adam LZ, Larry Chen, Rhys Millen, and many other content creators.
Have some company news you would like to share? Let us know and the news may appear in an upcoming issue of SEMA News. Send your items for consideration to email@example.com.