SEMA News highlights new products from industry companies when available. To have your product considered for upcoming issues, send product press releases to email@example.com.
High-Flow Check Valves
Improved Racing has released a new high flow, low restriction check valve. Based on a check valve design used in military jet turbines, these valves feature a flapper that swings completely out of the fluid's flow path, for virtually no additional flow restriction.
The company says the internal geometry of the check valve body is based on a math model that presents the lowest possible pressure drop. Each part was completely designed and optimized using commercial-grade CAD and flow simulation software.
According to the company, every internal component is made from stainless steel to ensure long lasting, reliable performance and compatibility with just about any automotive fluid. The flapper's gasket seal is made from FKM (Viton), giving it a high operating temperature of up to 302°F. It's also highly chemical resistant and compatible with all types of fuel.
- High-flow flapper design optimized for low restriction.
- Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 anodized aluminum body and all stainless-steel internal components.
- FKM (Viton) rubber seal.
- < 0.05 psi cracking pressure.
- -40°F to 302°F operating temperature range.
- 300 psi max operating backflow pressure, 1,000 psi max operating pressure in unchecked direction of flow.
- Compatible with virtually all automotive fluids.
- Made in the USA and backed by a lifetime warranty.
REDLITHIUM USB Lighting Solutions
Milwaukee Tool expands its REDLITHIUM USB Lighting Solutions to deliver advanced LED technology and optical designs for a more efficient workday. Effectively replacing alkaline and low-capacity flashlights, the REDLITHIUM USB Stick Light w/Magnet provides heavy-duty equipment mechanics, automotive mechanics, and technicians with a premium lighting solution for general task and inspection work.
The REDLITHIUM USB Stick Light is designed with 220 degrees of vertical light head rotation and paired with a slim light blade design and inspection light, making this solution ideal for engine work.
1471 Black Out Blower
The 1471 Black Out blower from BDS sets the standard for performance, strength and appearance. A tried and proven completion blower on land and water the 1471 is also a very popular choice for street and show machines.
Made in the USA at the BDS factory, the superchargers are precision machined from the highest quality billet aluminum. Available in several performances stages, kits can be purchased in hard black anodize or fully polished. BDS prides themselves on their in-stock and ready to ship or pick up status on the industry’s largest selection of superchargers, manifolds, drive components and associated hardware.
- Standard Helix or Hi-Helix: Standard has a 60° twist in the rotor and Hi Helix models have 120° twist.
- Available in Stage II Stage III and Stage IV.
- Available in front inlet/discharge or standard openings.
- Rear nozzle body locations drilled and tapped.
- Set back plates available for various street and strip applications.
- For setback and non-setback applications.
- 100% billet from case and bearing plates to rotors.
- Hard anodized or polished.
- On the shelf and ready to ship.
ADVAN Neova AD09
Yokohama Tire’s latest member to the iconic ultra-high performance ADVAN family is the ADVAN Neova AD09. Available now in sizes ranging from 15-in. to 20-in., the AD09 features extreme grip for faster lap times, razor-sharp handling, superior wet performance and constant performance on the street and track. A total of 51 sizes are planned for the AD09, which replaces the ADVAN Neova AD08R.
- Outstanding grip comes from a new tread pattern that sports large, continuous tread blocks that put more rubber compound to the road and track surface for a solid grip.
- Precision handling is achieved thanks to the all-new casing construction, which features a high turn up ply that results in the strongest and most rigid casing Yokohama has ever offered. Also, a solid center rib provides constant contact with the road surface for lightning-fast steering response.
- Consistent performance is produced by chamfered grooves, which improve wear resistance and maintain effectiveness throughout the life of the tire.
- Improved wet grip occurs due to a new, optimized high silica compound that provides improved grip for wet cornering and braking on the road and on the track.