By Ashley Reyes
SEMA Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) members will learn everything they need to know about legislative issues impacting automotive restoration during ARMO’s General Membership Meeting, Friday, November 19, at 10:00 a.m. (PST).
Held as a virtual event, the discussion will feature David Alkire of RPUi as moderator, as he is joined by Christian Robinson, SEMA director of state government affairs and PAC. On the agenda is a discussion and an open Q&A on the following:
- Top legislative issues for SEMA.
- State trends on emissions requirements on older vehicles.
- State trends on titling of older vehicles, specifically those using aftermarket restoration parts.
- General business regulations that could impact restoration businesses.
- How the SEMA Government Affairs office can aid businesses in dealing with a legislative issue in their state or local jurisdictions and help facilitate meeting with legislators.
The meeting, which is open to all current ARMO members and companies in the restoration industry, is the ideal time to address industry issues and connect with others in the market. A brief report on the council’s recent SEMA Show activities and current initiatives will also be discussed. Register here.