By Della Domingo
The SEMA Show offers exhibitors more than an opportunity to introduce their products to buyers; exhibitors can also benefit from the thousands of credentialed media attending the SEMA Show who are seeking content for their magazines, newspapers, videos, blogs and social media posts.
Participating in the New Products Showcase is a great way to generate media coverage for new and featured products.
Getting the attention of reporters at the Show can be challenging, but a good media strategy, along with a well-executed trade-show plan, can generate increased product awareness and lead to profitable sales.
Of course, every exhibitor is unique, and results will vary from company to company. Nevertheless, key strategies for SEMA Show exhibitors to connect with media at the Show include:
- Visit exhibiting media: Exhibiting media come to the four-day event to obtain content for their outlets, conduct interviews and meet with businesses on the Show floor. Companies that have newsworthy stories to share or that want to obtain media coverage and increase brand awareness are invited to visit with exhibiting media during the SEMA Show. You can find exhibiting media here:
- ABRN | PTEN, Booth #35078
- Autotrader Classics, Booth #11419
- BodyShop Business, Booth #34041
- Collision Repair Magazine, Booth #34233
- Drive on History and FYI, Booth #81055
- Engaged Media, Booth #23097
- Grassroots Motorsports, Booth #22819
- Hard Media Inc., Booth #21206
- Hemmings Motor News, Booth #23677
- In The Garage Media, Booth #11344
- Modern Tire Dealer, Booth #41086
- MotorTrend Group, Booth #81059
- PASMAG’s Tuning 365 + Tuner Battlegrounds, Booth #22827
- Power Automedia, Booth #20567
- RacingJunk.com, Booth #24629
- THE SHOP Magazine, Booth #22723
- Tire Business, Booth #43079
- Tire Review, Booth #43078
- Window Film Magazine / PPFMag, Booth #54074
- Post press releases in the SEMA Show Online Media Center: By posting news releases in the SEMA Show Online Media Center, you ensure that reporters looking for Show-related news do not miss out on your story. Posting to the Online Media Center can also generate coverage from SEMA’s publications and social media outlets. Post your release today.
- Create press materials: Knowing that thousands of media outlets will be at the SEMA Show, develop materials that are geared to media rather than sales sheets. In addition to having press materials available to reporters in the booth, exhibitors are able to place press kits and releases in the official SEMA Show Media Center in room S219 at no cost.
- Share your news: The SEMA PR team is often contacted by individual reporters interested in breaking news, interactive booths, news announcements and interesting stories. The team invites exhibitors to share your stories with us, even if you don’t have a release to post on the Online Media Center. We may share the information with media when they contact us for stories they are working on. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest news, stories and contact information.
- Enter the New Products Showcase: In addition to showcasing products in a high-traffic area of the SEMA Show, participating in the New Products Showcase is a great way to generate media coverage for new and featured products. All exhibitors can enter a qualified product for free and have the product professionally photographed. The photos are used in SEMA publications and sent to media, who use the images in their coverage promoting the best new products from the SEMA Show. Enter the New Products Showcase here.
To learn more about all of the PR opportunities available for exhibitors, contact SEMA PR at email@example.com.