By SEMA Editors
Submissions are being accepted for SEMA-member companies to participate in the 2021 Jeep®, Ram® and Dodge® Project Vehicle Program. Companies are invited to submit proposals based on the criteria outlined below. Applicants need to meet all of the requirements outlined or the submission will be removed from consideration.
Chosen companies will be selected by Stellantis from the total number of eligible submissions to take part in the program.
Interested companies must submit a detailed marketing plan as part of the submission process. If selected, each participant must actively promote, at its sole expense, the project vehicle according to the Stellantis-approved marketing plan.
The Stellantis/Mopar® booth at the 2021 SEMA Show will highlight the following
vehicles in addition to other vehicles from its existing lineup:
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
- Jeep Gladiator
- Ram 1500 TRX
- Ram 2500 Mega Cab
- Ram 2500 Power Wagon
- Ram 3500 Chassis Cab
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Information on Jeep, Ram and Dodge Vehicles can be found at:
Stellantis/Jeep, Ram and Dodge Project Vehicle Program Criteria
- Open to SEMA-member company manufacturers, designers, customizers and/or retailers.
- Submissions for multiple vehicles will be permitted, but does not increase odds of being selected.
- Submissions must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 11:59 PM, April 8, 2021.
Each company requesting vehicles must be willing to enter into an agreement with FCA US LLC requiring the company to:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2021 Las Vegas SEMA Show
- Register and keep the vehicle in the participant’s name for the duration of the agreement
- Use the provided Mopar and Jeep Performance Parts accessory products as specified and provided by Stellantis.
- Purchase and maintain $5 million in general liability insurance, $5 million in automotive liability insurance, $1 million employer liability and demonstrate workers’ compensation coverage; an umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits.
- Enter into an agreement with FCA US LLC agreeing to dispose of the vehicle at the end of the agreement, and provide proof of such disposal.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Jeep, Ram, or Dodge logo intact and visible
- Make vehicles available to Stellantis or its Dealers for display.
Companies must submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, detailing:
- Modifications to the vehicle.
- Events (including dates, location and type of event).
- Media exposure (originals or color copies).
- Company print and digital advertising featuring the vehicle.
- Social media exposure with statistics.
- A copy of the project vehicle registration.
Step 1: Project Overview/Summary—Must be Received by 11:59 p.m. (EDT), April 8, 2021.
E-mail a one-page project summary with the following information to email@example.com
- Vehicle modifications.
- Promotional plan, including the events at which the vehicle would be displayed (in addition to the SEMA Show); social media plan (please include your potential exposure/reach with your followers).
- Your proposed vehicle-display location at the 2021 SEMA Show. Please also include what other vehicles will be featured within that display.
Step 2: Email Detailed Project Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) April 30, 2021.
Include: all detail that supports the one-page project summary on company letterhead, color rendering(s) and past project vehicles examples. If the interior is to be significantly modified, an interior sketch should also be included.
Stellantis will determine the number of participants in its sole discretion. The participants will be selected from the total number of submissions received. Participants will be selected according to the above-mentioned and following criteria:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the vehicle’s position in the market, and complementing that position.
- The proposed marketing plan.