By Ashley Reyes
Submissions are still being accepted for SEMA-member companies to participate in the 2021 Ford Project Vehicle Program.
Open to SEMA-member company manufacturers, designers and/or retailers dedicated to supporting new product development, companies must be willing to actively promote the vehicle with their products through an established marketing plan and be financially capable of spending promotional dollars.
The Ford booth at the 2021 SEMA Show will highlight the following vehicles in addition to the OEM’s existing lineup. The provided links below will allow you to research these products as well as find high-resolution images for your proposal rendering.
- ’21 Ford Bronco (2-Door/4-Door)
- ’21 Ford Bronco Sport
- ’21 Ford Transit
- ’21 Ford Super Duty
- ’21 F-150 (with Pro Power Onboard)
- ’21 Ford Ranger
- ’21 Mach E
- ’21 Ford Expedition
- ’21 Ford Mustang (2.3L EcoBoost/5.0L GT)
Information for the above models can be found at Ford’s media website.
2021 Ford Project Vehicle Program
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 8, 2021
Award Recipient Notification Date: by May 7, 2021
All project vehicle requests must meet the Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria shown below.
Please submit your project request in two parts:
1. E-mail a one-page project summary—must be received by February 15, 2021.
Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications.
- New product development.
- Promotional plan.
- Vehicle display location at the 2021 SEMA Show.
2. E-mail, mail or send a link to where the files can be download of a detailed project proposal—must be received by March 8, 2021.
Include detail supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering, and past project vehicles examples.
Information on Ford vehicles is available at www.ford.com.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria
Aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A Manufacturer or Designer/Restyler dedicated to supporting new-product development.
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars.
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan.
- A current SEMA member.
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2021 Las Vegas SEMA Show.
- Use Ford accessory products as specified and provided by Ford Motor Company.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period.
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability Insurance, $3 million in automotive liability insurance, $1 million employer liability and demonstrate workers compensation coverage; an umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible.
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner’s discretion.
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
- Product development.
- Modifications to the vehicle.
- Events (including dates, location and type of event).
- Media exposure (originals or color copies).
- Company advertising featuring the vehicle.
- Social Media exposure with statistics.
- A copy of your current vehicle registration.
Please submit Project Vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Company
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Nick Terzes and Kyle Ebner