By Ashley Reyes
Submissions are now being accepted for SEMA-member companies to participate in the 2021 Ford Project Vehicle Program.
Open to SEMA member company manufacturers, designers and/or retailers dedicated to supporting new product development, companies must be willing to actively promote the vehicle with their products through an established marketing plan and be financially capable of spending promotional dollars.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2021 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Use Ford accessory products as specified and provided by Ford Motor Company.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period.
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in General Liability Insurance, $3 million in Automotive Liability Insurance, $1 million in Employers Liability and demonstrate Workers Compensation coverage; an Umbrella Policy may be used to achieve coverage limits.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible.
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its Dealers for display, at the owner’s discretion.
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
- Product development.
- Modifications to the vehicle
- Events (including dates, location and type of event).
- Media exposure (originals or color copies).
- Company advertising featuring the vehicle.
- Social media exposure
- A copy of your current vehicle registration
To request a project vehicle:
1. E-mail a one-page project summary with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vehicle modifications
- New product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2021 SEMA Show
2. Mail and/or E-mail a detailed project proposal to the following:
Ford Motor Company
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Kyle Ebner
Include detail supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicles examples.
Information on Ford vehicles is available at www.ford.com.
Proposal submission deadline, vehicle lineup and award recipient notification date will be announced in an upcoming SEMA eNews Ford Project Vehicle announcement.