By SEMA Editors
Each Chevrolet Design Awards category winner will receive a newly designed mid-engine ’20 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray special-edition trophy.
Chevrolet has announced the return of the Chevrolet SEMA Design Awards Program for 2019. Each category winner will receive a newly designed mid-engine ’20 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray special-edition trophy.
“We are anxious to open submissions for this year’s Chevrolet Design Awards and look forward to seeing the best of the best design builds for each of our categories,” said Matt Noone, GM design director. “We are also very excited to introduce a newly designed special-edition trophy for 2019 to celebrate the landmark launch of the mid-engine ’20 Corvette Stingray.”
Registration and Participation
- Visit www.ChevySEMA.com to register your vehicle. All fields are required.
- All registrations must be received before October 11 to be considered for an award.
- One wildcard entry will be permitted for registration at the 2019 SEMA Show.
- Pre-registration is not required for the Designer’s Choice Award.
- Contact ChevySEMADesignAwards@gm.com with questions and to submit photos of your build.
- Be willing to support mutually agreed Chevrolet marketing activities during and after the SEMA Show.
Please email to ChevySEMADesignAwards@gm.com.
- Renderings and in-process build photos.
- Final photos (front ¾, rear ¾, engine and interior) prior to SEMA Show.
- Preservation of the Chevrolet Bowtie emblem, if originally equipped, on the front of vehicle.
- Use of a Chevrolet gas powertrain, Duramax diesel powertrain, GM electric powertrain or non-competitive OEM electric powertrain.
- Current body-style Chevrolet vehicles, performance parts, accessories and crate engines are highly encouraged.
Products of Interest
- Chevrolet Performance Parts integration, including suspension, brake, induction and exhaust systems.
- Chevrolet Accessories integration, including wheels, spoilers and illuminated bowties.
- Chevrolet crate engine or connect and cruise integration.
- Innovative technology integration, including but not limited to the following:
- Electric powertrain meeting build requirements stated above.
- 3D manufacturing.
2019 Award Categories
- Chevy SEMA Car of the Year
- Chevy SEMA Truck of the Year
- Best Off Road Truck Build
- Best Track Build
- Innovative Use of Technology
- Designer’s Choice
- Exclusive award presentation hosted by Chevrolet.
- Announcement and coverage of award recipients through Chevrolet media channels.
The 2019 SEMA Show occurs November 5–8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Chevrolet Design Communications