By SEMA Editors
With the recent news about an EPA Consent Decree sending shock waves throughout the industry, it is more important than ever to understand emissions regulations and how to comply. The SEMA Emissions Compliance team will present the seminar “Changes to the CARB E.O. Program and EPA’s Memo 1A; What You Need To Know,” Thursday, November 1, from 3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m., in the Upper North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N258. This seminar will provide an overview of upcoming changes to the CARB Aftermarket Parts Exemption Procedures, changes to the EPA’s Memo 1A resulting from the Consent Decree and how SEMA can assist members in understanding these changes and complying with emissions regulations.
Panelists will include:
- Mike Spagnola – SEMA vice president of OEM & product development programs
- Peter Treydte – SEMA director of emissions compliance
- David Goch – SEMA general counsel
- Jason Flores – CARB air resources engineer, aftermarket parts section
- Evan Belser – EPA chief, vehicle and engine enforcement branch
A Q&A session following the presentations will allow attendees to interact directly with the government officials that manage these programs. This seminar is a must for anyone involved in the manufacture, distribution, sale, installation or use of performance-related parts for street vehicles.