By Linda Spencer
Let international buyers know that you are interested in doing business with them by using this complimentary multilingual “We Export” sign.
Twenty-five percent of all SEMA Show buyers reside outside of the United States. Here are five tips for attracting buyers from more than 100 countries to your booth:
- “We Export” sign: Let international buyers know that you are interested in doing business with them by using this complimentary multilingual sign.
- International Happy Hour (IHH): Wednesday, November 2, from 5:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m., Upper North Hall, Room N255. The 2016 International Happy Hour will be the largest annual international specialty-equipment trade gathering. Network with international buyers, distributors and media at the close of the Show day. More than 1,000 companies are expected to attend this year’s networking party. Exhibitors: register now for free!
- International Roundtables: Middle East, Australia, China; Monday, October 31, Upper North Hall, Room N259. Attend roundtable discussions with top international buyers from emerging markets in the Middle East (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.), Australia (12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.) and China (3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.) who will speak about the opportunities and challenges U.S. manufacturers face in doing business in their home markets.
- Do you create products with international applications? Don’t forget signage in your booth highlighting any product applications that would fit vehicles that may not be found in the United States. For example, if you created products for global vehicles popularly customized abroad but not sold in the United States—such as the Toyota HiLux, Ford Ranger T6, Mitsubishi L200 or UAZ Hunter—be sure to let visitors to your booth know.
- Center for International Commerce (CIC): Located in LVCC room N255, the CIC offers complimentary private meeting space and interpreters to facilitate meetings between exhibitors and international buyers. A team of interpreters will be on hand to assist in bilingual communication in key languages, such as German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese. All international buyers and exhibitors are welcome to use these export-oriented services.