By Becca Butler
The inaugural SEMA Battle of the Builders saw top builders compete for the coveted title on a nationwide TV special.
As the industry’s premier automotive trade gathering, the SEMA Show is filled with countless story opportunities for reporters and even more photo-friendly events. Below, is a list of tips to help journalists who are covering the 2015 SEMA Show:
- Media Center: The Nitto Tire Media Center (in Room S220) includes exclusive amenities designed to help reporters file their stories. Resources include dedicated Wifi, working stations and computers, a copy machine, press kit materials and more. While at the Media Center, reporters are able to pick up exhibitor press kits and releases. For details and Media Center hours, visit the SEMA Show website.
- New-Product Photography: Creating a list of the top products from the SEMA Show has never been easier, thanks to the scanning devices in the New Products Showcase. Use the scanner to select only the products that are relevant to your readers/viewers, and you will receive comprehensive details on all those products in a single email. Details for each product will include company and product name, description and even a high-res image in a standard editorial format. Visit the New Products Showcase along the skybridge between Central and South Halls, adjacent to the Media Center.
- SEMA Show Photography: In addition to new-product photography, general Show photos and logos can be downloaded for editorial use at www.semaphotos.com. The site is categorized by products, vehicles and general photos, making it easy to find what you need quickly and conveniently.
- Media Preview: Presented by the Light-Truck Accessory Alliance (TORA), Monday, November 2, the Media Preview is a chance for reporters to connect with exhibitors before the SEMA Show officially opens. Interview exhibitors, take photos of their displays and get the scoop so you can be among the first to report on what to expect at the 2015 SEMA Show. View the list of participating exhibitors, dates, times and location.
- SEMA Award Press Conference: Presented Tuesday, November 3, at the New Products Breakfast, the press conference will feature best new-product announcements and the Hottest Vehicles at the SEMA Show. Preferred seating is reserved for media, making it easy for journalists to get the information and photos they need for the story. Tickets to the breakfast are free of charge and can be secured when registering for Show credentials.
- Exhibitor Press Conferences: An official SEMA Show press conference schedule makes it simple and easy for reporters to get news and photo opportunities during the SEMA Show. The schedule is designed so that journalists have an efficient route from one press conference to the next and can get the stories they need. View the schedule.
- SEMA Media Website: SEMA Show fact sheets and other press materials are available online. The site also has convenient links to other media resources.
- Online Media Center: Rather than having your email filled with press releases from thousands of exhibitors, reporters are able to go to a single site to obtain exhibitor press releases. With releases posted constantly before, during and after the SEMA Show, reporters are encouraged to visit the Online Media Center often.
- Battle of the Builders: The ultimate vehicle competition debuted in 2014, as the SEMA Battle of the Builders saw top builders compete for the coveted title on a nationwide TV special. Get the behind-the-scenes story to this year’s competition and watch as the finalists are announced and judging takes place live at the SEMA Show.
- SEMA Ignited: After years of having to rely on the media for news and information from the SEMA Show, consumers are now able to get up close and view the vehicles from the trade-only show at SEMA Ignited—the official after-party of the SEMA Show. Media are invited to capture the excitement, which includes professional drifting demonstrations by Formula Drift, hundreds of SEMA Show vehicles and the culmination of the SEMA Battle of the Builders competition.
For general media questions prior to the Show, contact email@example.com. For interview or other media inquiries, contact Della Domingo at firstname.lastname@example.org, 909-978-6723.
The 2015 SEMA Show is taking place November 3–6 in Las Vegas. Register to attend.