At the International Happy Hour, companies can network with international buyers, distributors and international media right in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
By Linda Spencer
Nearly 25% of buyers preparing to attend the 2015 SEMA Show represent markets outside of the United States, presenting exhibitors with opportunities to create or expand business internationally. Connect with international buyers and explore export opportunities by capitalizing on the following programs and events available during the week of the Show.
- Attend the International Happy Hour: The 2015 International Happy Hour is the Show's largest annual international specialty-equipment trade gathering. Network with international buyers, distributors and international media right in the Las Vegas Convention Center at the close of the day’s SEMA Show. More than 1,000 companies are expected at the 12th edition of the event, taking place November 4, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N261, 5:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Network with buyers before the Show opens: Attend Education Day on Monday, November 2, for four, one-hour sessions featuring a discussion with top buyers from each of four key export markets: the Middle East, Russia, China and Australia. Pre-registration is not required.
- Request the all new version of the multilingual “We Export” sign to display in your booth (the sign will be delivered to your booth).
- Request an electronic version of the “We Export sign.”
- Enter products in the New Products Showcase for a chance to win a prestigious Global Media Award: Get your hottest new products in front of buyers and the media by participating in the New Products Showcase. The annual Global Media Awards will once again be selected by a group of 35 top automotive journalists from more than 20 countries. Each will name 10 products from the New Products Showcase that he or she thinks will most appeal to consumers in their home markets. Winning companies will be recognized at the International Happy Hour, receiving Global Media Awards that signify the global appeal of their products and their companies.
- Arrange for your international staff to work your booth at the SEMA Show.
- The Center for International Commerce (room N255) is the main office for exhibitors and buyers in Las Vegas. Want to schedule a meeting with an International buyer outside the hustle and bustle of your booth? Do you need an interpreter? Private meeting space and interpreters are available for all exhibitors and international buyers at the Center for International Commerce.