By SEMA Editors
Ford project-vehicle requests require two components: an e-mail project summary (due February 21, 2014) and a detailed written proposal (due March 3, 2014).
Ford Motor Co. has revealed the eligible models for its 2014 project-vehicle program. The Ford booth at the 2014 SEMA Show will highlight the following vehicles in addition to the manufacturer's existing lineup:
1. All-New Ford Mustang—proposals for this vehicle should be submitted in one of the following categories**:
- Road Racing (Street-Legal Track Car)
- Formula Drift
- Boy Racer
- Street Performance (American Muscle/Hot Rod)
- Sportsman Drag Racing
- Super Car Luxury
** Proposals should not include reference to the 50th anniversary of Mustang.
2. All-New Ford F-150—proposals for this vehicle should be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Street Performance
- Ultimate Work
- Ultimate Play
- Outdoor Lifestyle
3. All-New Ford Transit
4. Ford Fiesta ST
5. Ford Focus ST
6. Ford Expedition
7. Ford Super Duty
Information for the above models can be found on the Ford media website or www.ford.com. These links will allow you to research the models and find high-resolution images that may be used for your proposal rendering.While the above vehicles have the greatest probability of being awarded, the entire retail Ford Product lineup, with the exception of GT500, Raptor, Lincoln and Hybrid products, is eligible for the Project Vehicle Program.
The automaker requests that project-vehicle proposals be submitted in two parts, and that all proposals meet the Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria outlined below:
2014 Ford Project Vehicle Program
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 3, 2014
Award Recipient Notification Date: by May 1, 2014
All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria:
E-mail a one-page project summary—must be received by February 21, 2014. Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2014 SEMA Show
Mail a detailed project proposal—must be received by March 3, 2014. Include details supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicle examples.
Information on Ford vehicles is available at: www.ford.com.
Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program Criteria
Aftermarket companies requesting project vehicles should be:
- A Manufacturer or designer/restyler dedicated to supporting new product development.
- Financially capable and willing to spend promotional dollars.
- Actively promoting the vehicle with their product(s) through an established marketing plan.
- A current SEMA member.
Aftermarket companies receiving project vehicles must:
- Feature the vehicle in a booth at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
- Register and keep the vehicle in your company name during the entire contract period.
- Purchase and maintain $3 million in general liability, $3 million in automotive liability, $1 million in employer liability and demonstrate worker's compensation coverage. An umbrella policy may be used to achieve coverage limits.
- Commit to feature the vehicle with the Ford logo intact and visible.
- Order a California-certified vehicle if you intend to register or use the vehicle primarily in California or any other state that has adopted California emissions standards. Failure to do so may subject you to a state fine.
- Make vehicles available to Ford or its dealers for display, at the owner's discretion.
- Submit written quarterly status reports for a period of 18 months, as specified in the contract, stating:
1. Product development
2. Modifications to the vehicle
3. Events (including dates, location and type of event)
4. Media exposure (originals or color copies)
5. Company advertising featuring the vehicle
6. Additional exposure
7. A copy of your current vehicle registration
8. E-mail, disc or fax reports will not be accepted
Submit Ford Project Vehicle proposals to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Sherry Kollien & Mike Nicopolis