|Entrants of the 2011 People’s Picks survey had the opportunity to vote via mobile through the eBay Motors iPhone app.
eBay Motors has announced the winners of the 2011 People’s Picks survey—the annual poll inviting enthusiasts to weigh in on all things automotive, including best camshaft, favorite ignition and favorite musclecar—even the best movie car of all time. More than 3.4 million votes were cast in this year’s competition, 10 times the 2010 tally. New this year, entrants had the opportunity to vote via mobile through the eBay Motors iPhone app.
“This year’s massive voter turnout reflects the incredible passion of the auto community, something we fuel every day on eBay Motors, where people are buying auto parts literally every second,” said Famous Rhodes, senior director, eBay Motors. “The automotive community has strong opinions not just on their favorite cars and trucks, but also on the brands that help them modify and customize those vehicles. People’s Picks ultimately shows that brands matter when it comes to enthusiasts.”
The annual eBay Motors People’s Picks survey offered 10 different voting categories: American Muscle Cars, Motorsports, Import Tuner, Super Cars, Trucks, Four Wheeler/Off-Road, Classic European, Motorcycles, Cars in Culture, and Modern Foreign and Domestic.
Winners in multiple categories this year include BFGoodrich, Edelbrock, Garret, Hooker Headers and K&N. For movie buffs, Best Movie Car went to “Eleanor,” Nicolas Cage’s ’67 Shelby Mustang from the Gone in 60 Seconds remake.
People's Picks 2011 Select Winners:
- Favorite Muscle Car of All Time: Ford Mustang (followed by the Camaro and GTO)
- Favorite Bolt-On Brand: Edelbrock
- Favorite Super Charger: Roush
- Most Tunable Brand: Honda
- Favorite Performance Tire: Pirelli
- Favorite Turbo Charger: Garrett
- Favorite Exhaust Header: Hooker Headers
- Favorite Tire Brand: BFGoodrich
- Best Brand: Jeep
- $1,000 to Spend on Aftermarket: Lift Kit/Suspension
- Favorite Tire: BFGoodrich
- Best Foundation for Late-Model Street Rod: Ford Mustang
- Toughest Part of a Project: Body/Paint
- Favorite Professional Tool Manufacturer: Snap-On
- Best Movie Car: ’67 Shelby Mustang (Eleanor) from Gone in 60 Seconds remake
- Favorite Racing Series: NASCAR
- Greatest Race in the World: Le Mans (followed by the Daytona 500 and Indy 500)