|For 2011, a total of $112,000 in scholarship awards will be granted to 68 recipients through the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund.|
This year, SEMA will distribute a total of $112,000 to 68 individuals through the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund. Established to support and foster leadership opportunities in the automotive specialty-equipment marketplace, the fund awards grants to eligible applicants based on academic achievements, work experience, essay content, recommendations and more.
In addition, recent graduates working for SEMA-member companies are eligible for funds to pay off existing student loans through the fund's Loan Forgiveness Program.
For 2011, 56 scholarships were provided to those pursuing careers in the industry, and 12 loan-forgiveness awards were presented to qualified employees of SEMA-member companies.
- Samuel Ames, Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Kirk Barber, Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis (Wheel and Tire Council Award)
- Wayne, Bontrager, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Joseph, Book, Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc.
- Brian Botts, California Baptist University, Performance Warehouse Association (PWA Award))
- Yana Briggs, Art Center College of Design (Phil Weiand Award)
- Lucas Campbell, Saint Cloud Technical College
- William Cannon, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona (K&N Engineering Award)
- William Carpenter, Pennsylvania College of Technology (Joseph B. Amato Award)
- James Carter, Jefferson State Community College (Jim Borre Award)
- Meghan Chamberlain, Oakland University
- Adam Clay, Auburn University Main Campus (Melvin Burton Award)
- Cayle Christian Damrow, University of Wisconsin-Stout (Harlan Felder Award)
- Shelley Derks, California State University-Northridge (SEMA Businesswomen's Network Award)
- Chad Ediger, McPherson College
- Matthew Enniss, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Gregory Finke, Pittsburg State University (Lund Award)
- Justin Florence, Bellingham Technical College (Yee Award)
- Daniel Fourie, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Gary Gamertsfelder, Luna Vocational Technical Institute
- Joshua Greenplate, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Charles Grospitch, University of Northwestern Ohio (Motorsports Parts Manufacturers Council Award)
- Kalila Haddad, McPherson College
- Mandar Hazare, Clemson University (Steve Woomer Award)
- Dylan Hellman, The Art Institute of Colorado (Thurston Warn Award)
- Isaac Hostetter, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- John Hunn, Missouri University of Science and Technology (Dan Borre Award)
- Nina Hunter, Weber State University
- Jeffrey Jagusch, Northwood University
- Benjamin Kadron, Western Washington University (Street Performance Council Award)
- Amy Kao, Carnegie Mellon University
- Donovan Krehbiel, Kansas State University (Dee Zee Award)
- Kelly LeClair, Stark State College of Technology (Professional Restylers Organization Award)
- Kevin Leparski, Southern Illinois University Carbondale (Wally Parks Award)
- Daniel Linda, Clemson University
- Sean Lockard, West Virginia University
- Sean Lorentzen, Marymount College (John Raffa Award)
- Andrew Mattord, University of Northwestern Ohio
- Christopher Meyers, School of Automotive Machinists
- Bradley Miller, Pennsylvania College of Technology (Manufacturers Rep Council Award)
- Benjamin Mohn, University of Northwestern Ohio (Joe Hrudka Award)
- Kale Nicodeums, Colorado State University-Pueblo
- Brandon Peeler, Central Michigan University
- Matiaz Perez, Texas State Technical College Waco
- Zachary Prestegard, Minnesota State University-Mankato (Mike Kunzman Award)
- Matthew Proctor, Weber State University
- Dave Schenker, Boise State University
- Michael Scruggs, Clemson University (Eastwood Company Award)
- James Seeley, Ohio Technical College (OTC Scholarship)
- James Smith, Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (Bernie Karp Award)
- Konstantin Sytch, Monroe Community College
- Christopher Thomas, School of Automotive Machinists (Hot Rod Industry Alliance Award)
- Collin Veele, Michigan Technological University
- Eli Villa, Cerritos College
- Brandon Wight, McPherson College (Jeff Moses/ARMO Award)
- Caleb Yow, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Timothy Belt, University of Northwestern Ohio
- Zachary Compton, Classic Instruments
- Melissa Favila, Malco Products Inc.
- Lance Hunter, Bully Dog Technologies (Truck and Off-Road Alliance Award)
- Abel Leon, K&N Engineering Inc.
- Robert Martin, Motor State Distributing/Lane Automotive
- Corie McElwee, American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Tara Mills, Agri-Cover Inc. (Trudy Thompson Award)
- Jesse Powell, Aeromotive Inc. (Young Executives Network Award)
- Kenna Primm, Roush Yates Engines (Top Student Award)
- Jordan Sneathen, SEMO Classic Mustang Inc.
- Lindsey White, Westin Automotive Products Inc.
For more information, contact SEMA Education Director Jamie Eriksen at firstname.lastname@example.org.