Emcee Dave McClelland hosts proceedings at the 2007 SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser.
The annual SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser on Friday, July 25, serves to not only thank the association's outgoing Board members and welcome those newly elected, but also to announce the newest inductees into the SEMA Hall of Fame. This year's inductees are Raymond Bleiweis, Ben Nighthorse Campbell, Corky Coker and Bob Cook—an elite group of industry innovators and pioneers who have played a key role in the automotive specialty-equipment market.
CLICK HERE to reserve your place for this special evening of charity and recognition.
This year's event is further underscored by a program of charitable fundraising activities that includes the Pinewood Drag Race, sponsored by Fellers and DUB Publishing, and a silent auction.
Proceeds from all fundraising benefits SEMA's two chosen charities, Childhelp and Victory Junction Gang Camp. Childhelp aids victims of child abuse and originally began receiving support from wheel manufacturers in 1994. It now garners significant contributions from a wide range of industry businesses.
Victory Junction Gang Camp, founded in 2004 by Kyle and Pattie Petty in honor of their son Adam, has received support from the Light-Truck Accessory Alliance and others in the industry. Victory Junction uses camping experiences in its racing-themed facilities to enrich the lives of children who suffer from chronic medical conditions or illnesses.
Tickets and details for the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, including a schedule of activities and auction donation forms, are available at www.sema.org/gala or by contacting Lisa Moreno at email@example.com or 909/396-0289, ext. 105.
Finally, SEMA will host a live and silent auction during the banquet, with auction items ranging from sports memorabilia to a 2006 Victory motorcycle owned and donated by Kyle Petty. To donate an item, contact Tricia Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the items include:
Kyle Petty's 2006 Victory Jackpot motorcycle. Donated by Kyle Petty Charity Ride.
Brett Favre-autographed Wilson football. Donated by Rick Rollins.
Peyton Manning-autographed Wilson football. Donated by Motorola.
Lawrence Taylor-autographed Wilson football. Donated by Motorola.
Trick Your Truck Package, including accessories from Mickey Thompson, Superlift Suspension Systems, Rampage Products, Bushwacker and more
Greer Black Dragster replica, 1:6 scale and over 28 inches long. Donated by GMP Die Cast.
2x8 advertising space for one year on the guardwall of Virginia Motorsports Park's dragstrip, home of the Torco Racing Fuels NHRA Nationals. Donated by Virginia Motorsports Park.
HPI Racing Wheely King 4x4 R/C monster truck, featuring 4WD drivetrain, long-travel suspension and a high-torque 540 motor (click here for more details). Also offered in the auction are the E10 R/C drift car and Subaru Impreza precision diecast. Donated by HPI Racing.
12-band Maximum Performance digital radar/laser detector with full-color Extreme Bright DataGraphix display. Donated by Cobra Electronics.
A signed copy of How to Wire Your Hot Rod by author Dennis Overholser. Donated by Dennis Overholser of Painless Performance.
Motorola T305 portable Bluetooth hands-free kit. Donated by Motorola.
Accura 1 Digital Tire Inflation Gauge. Donated by PCL Air Technology.
2006 Budweiser/Lucas Oil TF Team crew uniform shirt signed by Kenny and Brandon Bernstein. Donated by Kenny Bernstein Racing.
Pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. Donated by Joel Ayres.
Wireless remote-controlled searchlight. Donated by Golight Inc.
'55 Chevy neon clock. Donated by Southern Speed & Custom.
"The Morning Rush Hour" framed print. Donated by 1-800-EveryRim.com.
Original pencil drawing of a post-war-styled hot rod going flat out on dry lake bed. Used as cover art of SEMA News magazine, May 2008. Donated by artist Colby Martin.
The Ultimate "My Classic Car" Gift Pack: Premium "My Classic Car" goods, including a set of (6) Matchbox cars, DVD sets of 2006 and 2007 episodes, Legendary Fords DVD, autographed photo of Dennis Gage and more. Donated by Bradley David Productions.
(4) Saturday Top Eliminator Club tickets (TEC) and (1) TEC parking pass for either the 2008 Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals or the 2009 Carquest Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals, VIP tour and a ride in the Full Throttle Express. Donated by NHRA.
(4) tickets to Los Angeles Dodgers game (vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, August 2, 7 p.m.) at Dodger Stadium. Preferred parking included. Donated by Joe Sebergandio/Motor Media Inc.
(2) tickets to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." Donated by SEMA Cares.
(2) complimentary dinners at Benihana at the Las Vegas Hilton. Donated by the Las Vegas Hilton.
(2) complimentary dinners at Casa Nicola Restaurant. Donated by Las Vegas Hilton.
(2) nights for two at Cibolo Creek Ranch, Big Bend, Texas. Meals included. Donated by Leer Truck Accessories Group/Cibolo Creek Ranch.
Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas—3-day/2-night package. Donated by Planet Hollywood.
Other items include:
A reserved spot on the 2009 Kyle Petty Ride Across America motorcycle ride (includes  nights hotel accommodations, fuel for  motorcycle at all pit stops—motorcycle not included—all scheduled meals, and a commemorative designer leather jacket). Donated by Kyle Petty Charity Ride.
Voiceover services for 5- to 7-minute video production for use as point-of-purchase display, product explanation and demonstration, booth exhibit at trade show, product installation, etc. (winning bidder provides copy). Donated by Dave McClelland.
Voiceover services for a telephone answering device, with opening greeting and any other necessary announcements regarding hours of operation, forwarding to extensions, etc. (winning bidder provides copy). Donated by Dave McClelland.
Private viewing of the Smith Collection, the world’s largest collection of vintage to exotic racing engines, cars, speed equipment, pedal cars and more, at the Museum of American Speed in Lincoln, Nebraska. Tour guided by Bill “Speedy” Smith for (2) groups of four guests (same-day tour required). Includes lunch. Donated by Bill and Joyce Smith.
Two (2) front stretch tower grandstand tickets to the 2009 Shootout Under the Lights at Daytona International Speedway (February 14, 2009). Includes (2) admissions into the Sprint Fanzone located in the infield. Donated by Daytona International Speedway.
Gift basket including (2) shirts, $500 gift certificate, Mother’s bucket of detailing items and a custom-painted bowling pin. Donated by L&G Enterprises.
Horizon 4 Mammoth Lakes condominium rental. One-bedroom condo for 7 nights; sleeps four and includes a spa, pool and tennis court. Located near shops, restaurants and across the street from bus stop for Mammoth Mountain. Donated by the Marx Group.
- Two large paintings from the 2007 SEMA Show Banquet. Donated by SEMA.
- GPI (Great Plains Industries) Bulk Oil transfer pump, 115v and 16 quarts-per-minute flow rate. Includes hose, nozzle and suction pipe (intended use: dispensing non-flammable fluids, such as waste oil, hydraulic fluids, antifreeze and oil-based solvents). Mounts directly to tanks or barrels. Donated by GPI.
- (2) Half-hour golf lessons with pro Scott Miller at North Ranch Country Club, Westlake Village, California. Donated by Scott Miller/PGA.
- (2) daily tickets to any two days of the 2008 Chevron World Challenge Event (December 18–21, 2008) at Sherwood Country Club. For more details, click here. Donated by Joe Reda, Tiger Woods Foundation.
- Thermal Flex high-performance silicone hose (winning bidder contacts Thermal Flex for desired sizes and colors). Donated by Thermal Flex.
- GT Toolboxes Model 111 Toolbox Hutch, size 26 x 66 x 33 with 58,375 cu in volume. Donated by GT Toolboxes.
- (4) Safe-T-Boost, The Intelligent Booster Cable System, units. Donated by Autoeffex.com.
- Certificate for a World Class Driving Experience for a driver and passenger (restrictions apply). List of likely cars includes Audi R8, Ferrari F430 and Mercedes SLR McLaren. Donated by Source Interlink Media.
- (6) Clean Breeze Truck Screens. Donated by Clean Breeze Truck Screens.
- Floorshift Tilt column (2-inch diameter, 32-inch length), polished stainless steel universal joints, Water Fall steering wheel, Water Feel steering wheel adapter, 18-inch stainless steel shaft. Donated by Flaming River Industries.
- SPEEDcat Express—allows manufacturers to create and present e-commerce-compliant data to consumers directly through Digital Performance's Shopping Guide Network. Donated by Digital Performance.
- "They Call It Detroit" — limited edition print, framed, numbered and signed by Ken Eberts. Donated by Ken Eberts, Robert Larivee Sr. and Hot Rod Heritage Fine Arts.
- Original reproduction pedal car—'93 Camaro, Official Pace Car of the 77th Indy 500. Donated by Classic Industries.
- Racing poster from the 1980 Indy 500, framed and signed by Vince Granatelli. Donated by Hayward, Tilton & Rolapp Insurance Associates Inc.
- (3) framed and signed Bonneville salt flats photos with (3) certificates for one year of advertising (468x60 banner) on partsdepartment.tv website. Donated by Parts Department TV.
- 50% off gift certificate for Borla stainless steel exhaust products. Donated by Borla Performance Industries.