Proposals for the Lexus Project Vehicle Program are due by next Thursday, May 22.
Following Lexus' introduction to the SEMA Show in 2007, the automaker will continue its participation, starting with its Project Vehicle Program. This year, Lexus will focus on the high-performance IS F model and invites SEMA members to submit proposals for project buildups.
Potential builders should adhere to the theme of High-Performance Luxury. Applicants should incorporate a focus on “innovation” with their design concept. All project vehicles will be located within the Lexus display, adjacent to the Motor Trend Proving Ground.
Vehicles for this project are prototypes not eligible for registration or operation on public roads. They will remain the property of Lexus. Accordingly, Lexus will provide vehicles on a loan basis for the duration of the build. Builders will return them to Lexus prior to the SEMA Show for photography purposes. Lexus will cover insurance requirements for the vehicles as long as the project terms are met.
After the Show, Lexus and/or the builder will make the cars available for showing depending on mutually agreed upon timing/schedules. Vehicles will be available from June 2008, with a target completion date of October 1, 2008.
Lexus notes that budgets are limited and it will evaluate each project independently for possible financial support. More weighting will go to proposals that offer the highest likelihood of print and/or online coverage of the build-up process or finished product.
Lexus asks that builders submit IS F proposals electronically by May 22, with a project description plan that includes:
- Company background
- Detailed description of objective of project vehicle—market segment appeal
- List of upgrades and partnered sources
- Proposed list of intended trade shows and events, advertising, website, catalogs where the vehicle will be promoted
- Your thoughts on where your project vehicle might achieve print or online coverage
- Examples of past project vehicles, including newspaper and magazine coverage
- Date vehicle will be required
- Color rendering illustrating front, side and interior color/graphic scheme
Toyota Motor Sales USA
19001 S. Western Ave. L200
Torrance, CA, 90501