Watch now on demand a special session on "Top Tips for Negotiating Agreements with Overseas Distributors," featuring attorneys from Australia and Sweden who specialize in the local laws regarding distributors.
- Should a U.S. company sign an exclusive distributor agreement?
- Is there anything U.S. companies should be aware of in Swedish/Australian law regarding such contracts?
- Are there any government regulations/laws covering terminating the agreement?
- General points to consider when awarding territory (the entire country/portion/neighboring countries?)
- What is the capacity of the distributor in terms of staff/contacts in the desired region?
- Is the agreement mutually exclusive? (if the U.S. company agrees to just sell to one distributor, is the distributor agreeing to not sell that U.S. company's competitors products?)
- What is required in order for the distributor to maintain exclusivity? Possibly through performance measures, or just rely on good faith effort?
- How often should the contract/terms be revisited?
For more information, please contact Linda Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.