Watch now on demand a special session on "Top Tips for Negotiating Agreements with Overseas Distributors," featuring attorneys from Australia and Sweden who specialize in the local laws regarding distributors.
Washington Global Law Group
Washington, D.C. USA and Sydney, Australia
Eversheds Sutherland Advokatbyrå AB
- Should a U.S. company sign an exclusive distributor agreement?
- Is there anything U.S. companies should be aware of in Swedish/Australian law regarding such contracts?
- Are there any government regulations/laws covering terminating the agreement?
- General points to consider when awarding territory (the entire country/portion/neighboring countries?)
- What is the capacity of the distributor in terms of staff/contacts in the desired region?
- Is the agreement mutually exclusive? (if the U.S. company agrees to just sell to one distributor, is the distributor agreeing to not sell that U.S. company's competitors products?)
- What is required in order for the distributor to maintain exclusivity? Possibly through performance measures, or just rely on good faith effort?
- How often should the contract/terms be revisited?
For more information, please contact Linda Spencer at email@example.com.