FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 4, 2015
Media Contact: Della Domingo
SEMA REVEALS BATTLE OF THE BUILDERS® TOP 21
Top Ten Finalists to be Announced Thursday
LAS VEGAS, NV. (Nov. 4, 2015) - The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) has announced the Top 21 builders in the SEMA Battle of the Builders® competition. These 21 builders have a passion for modifying cars, trucks and SUVs and inspire the aftermarket community with their ingenuity and expertise. Introduced at the SEMA Show last year, the SEMA Battle of the Builders® competition recognizes the builders the aftermarket community considers best.
Vehicle builders and car customizers from across the country entered their vehicles into this annual competition. The vehicles were judged by industry experts: David Freiburger, Hot Rod Magazine; Fred Williams, Petersen’s 4Wheel & Off Road; and RJ de Vera, Meguiar’s. The judges reviewed each entry and narrowed the selection to the top seven in three different categories: Hot Rod, Sport Compact and Off-Road.
The 2015 Battle of the Builders Top 21 are (by category):
- Jim and Mike Ring, Mustang Fastback
- Kyle Tucker, 1970 Chevy Chevelle
- Bobby Alloway, 1933 Ford Roadster
- Chip Foose, 1965 Impala
- Alan Johnson, 1953 Studebaker
- Jeremy Gerber, 1973 Camaro
- Andy Leach, 1962 Chevy Bubble Top
- John Yeiser, Ford F2000
- Kenny Hauk, CJ2A - Willy's Rock Rat
- Kevin Stearns, 2011 Chevy Colorado
- Casey Currie, 2014 Jeep JK with JK8 Truck bed
- Andy Leach, 1966 Half Cab Bronco
- Phil/Jeremy Gerber, 2015 Chevy Colorado
- Dominic Le, Datsun Truck
- Neil Tjin, 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec
- Freddie Fernandez, Nissan 240SX
- Kevin Desirello, 1967 Datsun Roadster
- Sam Lee, Hyundai
- Troy Spackman,1992 VW Corrado
- Eric Kozeluh, 1995 Toyota Supra
- Ryan Basseri, Honda Integra Type R
The Battle of the Builders Top Ten will be announced in the Grand Lobby of the SEMA Show on Wednesday, November 4th at 2:30PM. These ten finalists, chosen by the judges, represent the best of the best in the industry.
About SEMA and the SEMA Show
The SEMA Show is a trade show produced by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a nonprofit trade association founded in 1963. Since the first SEMA Show debuted in 1967, the annual event has served as the leading venue bringing together manufacturers and buyers within the automotive specialty equipment industry. Products featured at the SEMA Show include those that enhance the styling, functionality, comfort, convenience and safety of cars and trucks. Additional details are available at www.SEMAShow.com or www.sema.org, 909/396-0289.