SEMA Member News—September/October 2013
SEMA Businesswomen’s Network Planning a Full Calendar of Events for 2013 SEMA Show
Each year, the SEMA Show offers a wide range of product displays, exhibits and educational seminars. For industry veterans, the Show also provides a great chance to reconnect and network with friends and colleagues. The members of the SEMA Businesswomen’s Network (SBN) have been busy planning a full calendar of events for the 2013 SEMA Show to provide just such networking opportunities. Attend one or attend them all; each provides a unique format and opportunity.
SBN 20th Anniversary: Celebrating Past, Present & Future
The SBN is celebrating 20 years of advancing women in the aftermarket. In celebration of the anniversary, the SBN will be holding a reception at the 2013 SEMA Show entitled “The SBN 20th Anniversary: Celebrating Past, Present & Future.” The highlight of the evening will be the presentation of the Athena awards.
This special time is for the SBN to give recognition to individuals or companies that are making extraordinary strides to advance the potential of women and newcomers in the specialty-equipment aftermarket. The Athena award winners are chosen through a peer nomination and selection process and will include the SBN Champion, the Mentor of the Year, the Woman of the Year and the Rising Star. To join the celebration, please register here.
- Details: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m., Las Vegas Hotel, Oasis Lounge
Speed Networking Breakfast—Powered by the SBN
Gear-Up Girl was established, just two years ago in partnership with the SEMA Education Institute to provide a unique opportunity for female students attending the SEMA Show to interact and network with female industry veterans.
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet movers and shakers and make new contacts in short, three-minute intervals. To buy tickets, please visit here. Attendance is limited to only 250 people.
- Details: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 7:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m., Las Vegas Hotel, Ballroom A
- Price: Until October 18, SEMA members $35 and nonmembers $45. After October 18, $49 for SEMA members and $69 for nonmembers.
Café SEMA: In the Know With a Cup of Joe!
Now in its third year, Café SEMA is not a classroom lecture; it is a one-hour conversation between business pros and experts. You won’t get the whole story; you will get expert advice on how to take the next step.
You’ll get direct access to experts with answers to your questions in an informal roundtable discussion format. Topics for this year’s Café SEMA will include effective female leadership in a male-dominated environment, all things social media and website and product development, to name just a few. It’s a great opportunity to get a lot of information in a very short time. To buy tickets, please visit here.
- Details: Friday, November 8, 2013, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., Las Vegas Convention Center, Members Lounge
- Price: SEMA member $10; nonmember $20
SBN Introduces the 2013–2014 Select Committee
The following women will serve on the SBN Select Committee for the 2013–2014 term.
- Rose Kawasaki, Exports International, Chair
- Erin Gilhuly, Toyota Motor Sales, Chair-Elect
- Joanne Bortles, Crazy Horse Custom Painting
- Susan Carpenter, JR Products
- Camee Edelbrock, Schiefer Media
- Nan Gelhard, Summit Racing
- Gigi Ho, Seres
- Julia Johnson, Skyline College
- Sherry Kollien, Ford Motor Co.
- Christina Kwan, Kwan International Marketing and Media
- Jennifer LaFever, RoushYates Engines
- Kristy Neukam, Meyer Distributing
- Karen Salvaggio, Thunder Valley Racing