Photos for this release: 2022 Gen-III Award Winner
Suggested caption: Mike Burns, CEO of ValvoMax, was named the 2022 Gen-III Innovator of the Year. Nominations are now open for this year's award, as well as Person of the Year, Manufacturer of the Year, Channel Partner of the Year, and Content Creator of the Year, at www.sema.org/awards.
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN TO HONOR EXCELLENCE IN THE AFTERMARKET
-- Members have until July 14 to nominate outstanding businesses and individuals for SEMA Industry Awards --
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (June 21, 2023) -- SEMA members are encouraged to submit their applications for the notable SEMA Industry Awards, which are awarded to leading companies and individuals who have made significant contributions to the automotive aftermarket industry.
In recognition of the recipient's exceptional contributions to the specialty-equipment industry throughout the last year, these awards are one of the highest honors given by the trade association. A recipient is someone who embodies the industry’s mission while also demonstrating the principles, professionalism, and service that advance the sector.
Nominations are now open for:
- Person of the Year: Established to honor a person for their outstanding contributions to the automotive specialty-equipment market.
- Manufacturer of the Year: Honors a manufacturing company for its outstanding contributions and innovations.
- Channel Partner of the Year: Honors a sales channel partner for its outstanding service to the sales, distribution, retail and/or e-commerce channel(s) of the industry. This includes maintaining proper inventories to service its respective channel and exceeding standards in providing suppliers with input and regular communication to help their products and programs succeed.
- Gen-III Innovator of the Year: Honors a young, entrepreneurial individual, 40 years old or younger, who is creating innovative breakthroughs within the area(s) of industry opportunities, advancement, best business practices, technology and/or trends.
- Content Creator of the Year: Honors a content creator for their outstanding contributions to the automotive culture and for creating a positive impact with automotive enthusiasts.
The Industry Awards are presented during SEMA Show week, October 31-November 3, 2023. The Kick-Off Breakfast, held on Tuesday, Oct. 31, will award both The Channel Partner of the Year and Manufacturer of the Year. On Thursday, Nov. 2, the SEMA Show Industry Awards Banquet will recognize the Gen-III Innovator of the Year, Person of the Year and Content Creator of the Year. Nominations for all five awards are now being accepted at www.sema.org/awards.
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $51.8 billion specialty-automotive industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. Association resources include market research, legislative advocacy, training, and product development support, as well as leading trade shows such as the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV, and the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Indianapolis, IN. For more information, visit www.sema.org, www.semashow.com or www.performanceracing.com.